1.2

"Who else..." Jimin had his brows furrowed as he immersed himself into a deep thought. "Who else should we invite, Chaeng?"

Jimin had been thinking of the list of people he should invite to his birthday party. Last year, he had thrown a wild party and everyone in college was invited although their parents didn't allow such party to be held at their house. Mr. and Mrs. Park had grounded both Jimin and Chaeyoung for a few months, and Chaeyoung was still bitter that she was punished for something she didn't do. She was at Lisa's house during that time, playing some games.

This year, his parents would be away, again. They did allow Jimin to throw a birthday party, but they could only invite a limited number of people and those people would be the people that their parents knew and recognized. Their older cousin Park Chanyeol would be monitoring them as well as all the people invited.

"Let me see the list." Chaeyoung reached her hand forward toward her brother and he handed her the paper with the name list.

Chaeyoung read each of the names and when she finally reached at the 25th name, the last one on the list, she frowned deeply. "Where's Jungkook?"

Jimin stiffened momentarily. "I'm inviting my friends, not yours," Jimin scoffed, snatching the paper back from her hand.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and muttered lowly, "He's not just a friend."

"What did you say?"

She didn't think her brother would hear it, and she chose to ignore it before things that would infuriate her brother could slip out of her. Funny how her own parents knew and supported her relationship with Jungkook but she had to hide it from Jimin for the sake of saving herself from a never ending nag and saving Jungkook from her overprotective brother.

"No boyfriend until you're 25," Jimin had said to her ever since she had been getting love letters and that was when she was around ten. When Jungkook first moved to the neighborhood a couple years back, Jimin had never missed a chance to monitor her every move whenever he saw her with Jungkook, always making sure that they weren't flirting. "Don't get any funny ideas, Chaeng. No dating."

"What did you say, kid?" Jimin repeated louder when she stood up.

"Nothing," she shrugged, trying to be casual about it. "You want a lot of people to come to your party but you won't invite my friends. Mom and dad know all of my friends while 90% of yours are strangers to them."

"It's not my fault that they don't know most of my friends. They're the ones who are away all the time," he retorted and Chaeyoung knew he was right. "They know yours because the only friends you have are from this neighborhood."

Chaeyoung blew her front hair in an aggravated way, half-annoyed with Jimin's statement. Technically, it wasn't a hundred percent true. She did have friends outside of the neighborhood. The people she went to school with came from different places anyway. Just that those from the neighborhood in particular –Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa were the ones she'd consider as real friends since they practically grew up together.

A big circle of friends wasn't really something she'd be proud of if she had half of his brother's friends.

"Well, 25 people should be enough, then," she said as she walked away, heading toward the kitchen to get herself a drink.

"Fine!" Jimin yelled from the living room. "You can invite your friends."

"Okay!" she yelled back, but when she turned around, Jimin was standing near the kitchen counter, scratching his head.

"So, who are you going to invite?" he asked, ready to write the names down.

She eyed her brother who had his eyes glued to the paper in front of him. "Jungkook."