2.7

Humming to a new song he'd listened the other day, Jimin excitedly helped to wipe the car Chanyeol had just washed. He needed to if he wanted to use that car for a date with Jennie.

While doing so, his eyes briefly glanced at the house opposite of his and sighed as he thought of his sister.

"It's almost done, stop sighing," Chanyeol commented.

"I'm not sighing because of this car," he sighed louder.

"Then?"

Jimin's eyes narrowed as he pointed at Jungkook's house. "I wonder where that kid is. Haven't seen his ass for probably a century."

"Thought you'd like it this way with him not showing up."

"Of course," Jimin nodded with pressed lips. "I'm just not satisfied with how he put things to an end with Chaeyoung. What a fucking dick."

"Honestly, Jimin." It was Chanyeol's time to sigh. "I don't think you'll ever be satisfied with whatever way he'd use to end it."

"Whatever," Jimin scoffed. "But I'm still glad that it's over between them. I don't approve of them."

Chanyeol snorted and Jimin's eyes narrowed even more as he shot a glare at the older male. "What?"

"Nothing," Chanyeol shrugged. "Until when are you going to treat her like a baby?"

"Chaeyoung can't control her emotions. Maybe she will be able to once she's matured."

"I think the mature one between the two of you is definitely your little sister."

"Shut up," Jimin snapped, almost throwing the cloth at his cousin. A moment later, Jimin glanced back at the door of Jungkook's house, rolling his eyes when it was Jungkook's older brother who came out instead of Jungkook because he'd wanted to confront his sister's ex-boyfriend for the way he dumped his sister but he hadn't seen him for so long. "But seriously, where the fuck is he? Is he dead or what?"

Chanyeol snorted again and Jimin watched as the older male shook his head lightly. "Haven't you heard?"

"Of what?"

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he rounded the car to take the rug from Jimin's hand since the latter hadn't resumed his task for minutes. "He's enrolled in the same college as Chaeyoung's."

His eyes opened widely and if it wasn't because of the sudden rage in him he'd feel the pain of widening them. "What?!"

Jeon Jungkook was slick –that was all he could think of. With him out of the picture, it would be easier for them to date. He wondered if Chaeyoung was just pretending to get sad all the time while counting her days before leaving the town. Was this all planned? Were his parents involved? It could be possible, since they liked Jungkook and were always okay with Jungkook hanging around Chaeyoung 24 hours a day.

"That fucking – " he curled his fists before a damp cloth flew and landed on his face. Jimin pushed it off roughly and glared at Chanyeol who was staring at him like a tired old man.

"For fuck's sake, don't even think of doing anything at all or I'm going to tie your ass in the house you won't be able to do anything."

"But-!"

"I don't want to hear any buts," Chanyeol waved him off. "They're fucking adults. They're more mature than you. If you plan on doing anything at all, say goodbye to your rekindled relationship with Jennie."

Jimin frowned heavily at the threat and let out the heaviest sigh because Chanyeol was that powerful against him, and there was nothing he could do to beat his older cousin.

Sooner or later, he had to accept his sister's choice. Knowing Chaeyoung, she'd choose Jungkook now and even later and forever. And he didn't need to get to know Jungkook to know the fact that he'd stay loyal to Chaeyoung, everything was on full display. Jungkook's eyes were enough to tell the world how whipped he was for her.