1.4

Jungkook caught Chaeyoung's wrist when she was about to chase after her friends when they started to run off to the water. When she turned around with a puzzled look on her face, Jungkook didn't know whether it would be good to let her go or go with his initial plan.

It was Hoseok who had suggested for them to have a barbeque party at the beach, and there was no particular reason for that. It was not a special day for anyone. But Jungkook believed that it was Hoseok's way to make up to them for not keeping his promises when they agreed to go for just a simple outing. Also, for two days and one night, they'd be spending their time at the beach.

When he heard of this plan, Jungkook was beyond excited. After getting caught being a little too intimate with his girlfriend by his own parents, he hadn't had a lot of times to spend with Chaeyoung. His mother had been a strict guard, trying to watch his every move and monitored the way he showed his affection for his girlfriend and although he was grateful that his mother was fond of Chaeyoung that she wanted to protect her like she's her own daughter, Jungkook felt that it was too much.

Chaeyoung shifted her foot slowly toward him and asked him with an eyebrow lifted, slowly taking his hand into her hold. "Hm?"

A faint smile painted itself onto his face and Jungkook chuckled when she smiled wider at him for a reason he didn't know. "You want to play with them?" he asked gently.

She leaned closer after eyeing their friends who were having fun splashing water to each other. Somehow at that short moment, Jungkook followed her gaze and noticed how Hoseok had been giving more attention to Lisa to the point that she was the only one who was fully soaked head to toe.

"How about you?" she asked softly.

Jungkook averted his attention from Hoseok to his girlfriend. With slightly pursed lips, he replied, "I don't think I want my clothes to be wet now."

When she let out a soft chuckle, squeezing his hand, Jungkook didn't think he want to hide it anymore. "You want to go somewhere else?" he asked and he slightly cringed at how eager he sounded.

She met his eyes and slowly, her shy smile spread on her face. "Sure," she said.

And that was all he needed to hear before pulling her hand and ran together with her like ninjas toward where his room was located. He was sharing a room with Hoseok and judging by the way he was occupied with Lisa, Jungkook didn't think the older male would barge in anytime soon.

Chaeyoung was giggling behind him when they were safely inside his shared room with Hoseok and Jungkook peeked outside for a few more seconds, checking to see if Hoseok was coming or anyone witnessing them before he finally pushed the door to a close and locked it.

"Anyone coming?" Chaeyoung asked when he leaned his back against the door.

The corner of his lips pulled into a slow, lazy smile as he reached for her hand and pulled her gently toward him, another hand of his slipped into her waist and he gripped it softly. He found himself smiling even wider when Chaeyoung instantaneously captured his lips into a gentle kiss.

He saw her almost every single day, yet all the things that were suddenly happening limited their time to be spending their time together. In one of those days, he'd wanted to bring her out to the restaurant they often went to but not only his mother who'd seem to be monitoring their every move, it was indeed Jimin who'd been giving him narrowed eyes more than he could ever count.

So Jungkook didn't think it would be too much to say that he actually missed his girlfriend despite everything.

"Wouldn't we get caught?" she asked, breaking the kiss immediately when he began to push himself off the door, leading her backward.