2.1

Jungkook spent more time staring into his food rather than digging into it, which happened once in a blue moon and surely his parents would definitely notice it. He knew to expect that his parents would know it would be something about Chaeyoung but he didn't expect them to know the real reason of him thinking of her.

"We heard about it," his dad began.

"She didn't want it, did she?" his mother asked.

"Mm-hm," he responded simply.

"How about you?"

"Me?" he lifted his brow. "What about me?"

"What do you think about it?" his father asked.

Jungkook took a deep breath, releasing it heavily as he leaned backward and crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't like it."

It was a rare moment for his mother to agree with him, but this was one of those moments. "That's unfair to Chaeyoung. She's a wise girl, I'm sure if she's given the chance, she'll make a great choice and decision for herself like her brother."

"I don't think there's anything we can do to help them change their minds," his father said.

There was a truth to that. As much as he didn't want to see her go, he had no rights to stop them from making such decisions. But Chaeyoung had her own rights too.

For the whole day, he didn't see any message from her nor did he see her strolling around anywhere around the neighborhood. He'd sent her funny pictures to cheer her up after the small fight they had, but she hadn't responded.

Late at night, Jungkook heard furious sounds of ball bouncing against the floor of the basketball court next to his house and he was right when he thought it was Chaeyoung. At every failure of her scoring, Chaeyoung threw even harder next and from the window of his kitchen, Jungkook watched his girlfriend getting frustrated, giving up as she let the ball roll away while she sat on the ground, long legs stretched forward with her shoulders slumped, head hanging low.

Jungkook walked out of his house and carefully approached her from behind, not trying to hide the sound of his footsteps approaching so as not to startle her. He knew Chaeyoung heard him coming but she didn't lift her head. Slowly, Jungkook bent down and let his lips met the top of her head, his hands gently held her shoulders.

When he pulled away but stay bent, Jungkook tilted his head a little the moment she slowly turned her head to look at him. The tears welling up in her eyes making it as though her eyes were looking like a broken glass.

"Hey..." he gave her a warm smile when he noticed that her lower lips started to tremble. Jungkook immediately sat beside her before he turned his body so that he would be facing the side of her. "Hey," he attempted again, finger gently trying to make her turn to him and she did with reluctance. Jungkook cupped her cheek and wiped her tears with his thumb. "Don't cry. With lots of practice, I'm sure you'll be as good as Yoongi," he tried to joke but immediately regretted it when she frowned and stood up to her feet to run away to her house.

"Hey, hey, okay, okay. I'm sorry," he said quickly after scrambling to get up and managed to grab her wrist before she could go far. He pulled her gently to the center of the court and ran lightly to take the abandoned ball from earlier. "You're still upset, so why don't we play a few rounds? You are allowed to cheat and if you win, you'll get to beat me up for whatever I did or didn't do wrong. If I win, I'll get to kiss you. Deal?"

Chaeyoung pouted, avoiding his eyes but quickly grabbed the ball from his hand and started to shoot. The ball bounced off the backboard but failed to go into the hoop and Jungkook took the chance to get the ball and dribbled it while going around her in circle, playfully provoking her and she immediately stole it from him, shooting it and this time, scoring with success.