1.3

Chaeyoung realized she'd open the door in a rush, her nervousness was totally obvious. Jungkook was only in his white tees and gray sweatpants with his laptop in one hand, and it wasn't even uncommon to see him in only those. But somehow, for that moment in particular, he looked so amazing and she knew she wasn't hiding it well when her teeth slightly dug down on the inside of her bottom lip.

He'd push himself in quickly and rushed to close the door. "I'm not supposed to come over. My mom won't let me."

A tiny bit of disappointment hung on her face when she heard that and at the same time, she knew it was for the best that Jungkook was being grounded by his mother for the thing that happened recently between the two of them. Chaeyoung knew that his mother realized that something was off and her suspicion definitely hadn't died down just yet. It was normal to worry.

"Then...you should go back home before you get caught that you've snuck out," she said with a tiny pout and a tiny frown.

Jungkook chuckled and she could feel his breath against her face before he pecked her lightly on her lips. "I won't get caught. Stop worrying."

He pulled her wrist gently and led her toward the couch. After he set down his laptop on the coffee table, he settled next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Chaeyoung let herself be pulled close to his side, but her distracted mind was making her body a little stiff and Jungkook seemed to notice it as he tilted his head and tried to search for her eyes.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, rubbing his warm palm down her arm.

Chaeyoung chewed the inside of her lip, shaking her head slightly before resting it on his shoulder and placing one hand on his thigh. But a second later, she snapped her head to look at him, then the main door of her house.

"Chaeyoung?"

"What if..." she trailed off, her eyes never leaving the door as she swallowed thickly then continued, "...what if my brother comes back earlier?"

She averted her gaze toward Jungkook and saw how his big doe eyes looked a little panicky as he looked somewhere else before turning to her. "Should I go back?"

"...No," she pouted, "I just... I don't know," she sighed. When Jungkook was silent, she said, "Maybe we should watch the movie...somewhere else?"

Her breath caught in her throat when Jungkook stared into her eyes with an unreadable expression on his face before his tongue darted out to lick his lips.

"I mean..." she pushed her hair to behind her ear. "You'd get caught easily here in the living room. If it's my parents, they're going to be okay. But if it's Jimin..."

"So..." Jungkook lifted his brow, and she could see him swallowing hard. For some reason, that made her insides went a little chaotic. "Where should we watch the movie?"

It took her more than ten seconds to answer it despite the answer was just at the tip of her tongue. If she had to blame someone for this weird nervousness and awkwardness they were in at the moment, it had to be Jungkook's parents for the 'surprise' on that night when they suddenly came home earlier than expected. If they managed to do it on that night, it wouldn't get so awkward during this time.

"Should we go upstairs? My room," she lifted her brow and waited for his response.

When Jungkook gave her a small smile, she found herself chuckling and as they went upstairs hand in hand, she felt that somewhat familiar feeling of butterflies fluttering wildly in her tummy.

*

They were both lying on their stomachs on her bed, laptop in front of them and Jungkook could not concentrate. He could not concentrate on the movie after he accidentally caught the sight of her cleavage when he glanced at her to say something about the movie. Unlike earlier, she had relaxed and was calmer now that it would be less possible for them to get caught being alone in her house.