Chapter 10: "It'll Be Fine!"

Cam

"We have two fences... And I believe, we should have two or three people in most places." Bree said, referring to some of us.

I stare as she continues to explain some stuff about the fence... She's pretty...

"So, who volunteers to go and guard the front fence?" She asks. Matt, Jess, Nash, Sky, and I raise our hands.

"Sky, you can't guard the fence," Nash chuckles. "You need to atleast sit somewhere near us. I can't risk you getting hurt." He tells her, kneeling down to Sky's height.

"Ok fine!" She says pouting, and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Ok let's get to work!" Bree said as she gestured us to go to the places we needed to be.

Nash, Sky, Matt, Jess, and I head over to the first fence. Each of us go into different areas. I mean, it's a very small position; we're not really spread out.

"So Matt, you and Jess, huh?" I said while nudging his side with my elbow. Matt gives me a 'Are-You-Serious' face.

"I could tell that she likes you. She wants to get some of that 'Icecream cake!'.... 'a slice of that apple pie!'" I tell him, making him laugh.

"Funny, but no. I don't like Jess, I like Em." Matt told me, and stabbed a walker in the right eye. "What about-" I stab a walker's eye, "Nash." I said as I looked back at him.

"He should ask Lyn out! They would be sups' cute couple!" Matt teases, and I laugh.

"What'cha doin?" A faint voice asked; I looked back to see Sky.

"We're getting rid of the sick people." Matt told her. I could tell that he didn't want to scar Sky, but I believe she knows whats happening.

"Why won't anyone tell me whats happening?" Sky asked. Whoops, I think I thought out loud. "Those are not sick people..." She said as she looked at them claw at the fence.

"Sky come with us." Matt said as he gestured her to give him her hand. We walked over to Nash and Jess.

Jess

'Man! Matt looks hot covered in blood! But so does Nash!' I was interrupted from my thoughts by Matt and Cam coming over, speaking to Nash.

"Nash!" Matt whisper harshly. Matt approached Nash and whispered something to him. Nash looked down at Sky.

"Sky, are you sure you want to know what's happening?" Nash asked her. She nodded in response. Nash kneeled down to her height and whispered to Sky.

-

Nash was done whispering to her and just glanced at her. "That's what happened to mommy, daddy and..... Will." Nash whispered, then broke down.

Sky's eyes got glossy, and they hugged eachother. "I want Em." Sky said to Nash. "Go inside and you'll find here in your cell." Nash said to Sky, wiping away her tears.

She nodded and ran to the cell block that Em was in.

"I think we should go back to our spot." Cameron told us, interrupting the silence as he looked down at the rubble by his feet.

"Yeah." Matt said, walking over to our spot. "See ya' later." Nash whispered, and pulled himself together.

I hugged him..... he didn't hug back. I guess he doesn't feel comfortable. "Sorry." I whispered holding my head down. I look up to see him stabbing walkers.

I look over and see Cam and Matt. Cam and Matt are stabbing walkers, talking about something.

Taylor

We arrive back to the building with a bunch of stuff; we go through the fences and see the guys outside killing the walkers.

We go inside the building and put our stuff down, yet we keep our weapons.

We head outside and go to the first fence. "Hey bros, what's wrong?" I asked unsure.

"The past." Nash said, looking down at the the bloody dirt. "You okay?" I asked concerned. "No I'm clearly not." He said looking up at me, his eyes bloodshot.

Lyn came over to us and saw Nash.

"Nash what's wrong?" She asked him as she walked up to him. "You know exactly what's wrong!" Nash yelled at Lyn.

Nash

"No I don't." She told me, . "Yes you do! It's you. Your the reason my parents are dead! You just couldn't help yourself!" I yelled.

Lyn looked at me, tears in her eyes. My eyes softened and my mouth gaped open a bit.

"Lyn- I-" I was interrupted by her yelling.

"No! Don't even try to apologize! I know I was the reason! You don't have to keep on reminding me! The memory replays like an endless loop! They chose to risk their lives for mine! I didn't even want them to! I told them I could do it!" She yelled, crying.

I went up to her and touched her wrist but she yanked it out of my grasp. "Don't touch me." She said lowly, then ran away to the cell block.

'What did I do?'

Taylor

I looked at Nash, angrily and in disbelief.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR" I said loudly. "I know. I feel so bad..." He said to me, sympathy in his eyes.

"You should feel bad you idiot." I said and hugged him. "But it's the truth." His voice cracked and hid his face in his hands.

****************************

Vote. Comment. Read On :)
Edited x4 ._.