Battle of Woodstock

It was August 17, 1969 in bethel, New York. The time was somewhere after 3am but Nancy had lost track. So many noises were washing over the crisp air. The 400,000 sum crowd hyped up as Stephen stills and David Crosby took the morning to the next level. Nancy moves through the crowd to get a better view.

Not long into the morning, a fight broke out between the peace keepers and the rednecks. The naturists joined the hippies and the rednecks were outnumbered but they still fought like a champ. Of course, Nancy didn't know a single redneck to bow to liberals no matter how right they may be.

Soon everyone was fighting, some had joined the rednecks, some joined the peacekeepers. Nancy, as the wall flower she was, stayed to the side and just watched while gathering intel as to what may have started the fight.

After hours of the two small armies verbally harassing each other over who belonged where, Nancy came to the conclusion that they were all just exhausted and keeping themselves awake with a meaningless fight.

The two sides camped out and the far sides of the large field while the neutral party (including Nancy) filled the center. Soon everyone was fast asleep wherever the so chose. Nancy saw some people camped in the bed of their trucks, some on the hoods. For her, she just laid a blanket down in the grass and let the crickets sing her to sleep.

By morning, the dewy fog didn't hide everyone's emotions with the fight the previous day. In fact the naturists were more triggered now that they had a good rest.
Everyone was fuming until Jimi Hendrix blessed the stage. Everyone seemed to forget they were fighting but they still held on to their hatred.
It wasn't until Jimi played his version of the National Anthem that everyone calmed down and hugged it out, realizing that their all in this together and there was no reason to make each others experience miserable.
By the end of the day, everyone was friends again and back to making out in any ol' place and play-wrestling in the mud.
Nancy smiled as the mood in the field swung from hatred back to grateful.
As an empath, the emotions from the fight had taken quite a toll on her. She found a warm, not-so-crowded place in the grass and laid down. Soon she was fast asleep and recharging for the next days wave of emotions.