10/ DISCUSSIONS

DELICATE ⚣ || TK

DELICATE || TK

Jeongguk was back downstairs but this time he was fully clothed and sitting across from Taehyung's father.

It was no lie that the two were related, Taehyung having an uncanny resemblance to his father revealed it all. They had the same facial structure, eyes, and lips. Jeongguk honestly thought that Taehyung was the younger version of his father.

Eventually however, he was brought out of his thoughts when he felt Taehyung's stray hand brush against his arms. Blinking quite quickly he looked up to come face to face with Taehyung's dad once again.

"So...how long have you and my son known each other? I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding but I had a lot to deal with at the time." Hyungwon said, his voice was a bit rough on the edges and it sounded as if he had a bit of a cold.

"We've known each other since I was fifteen..." Jeongguk mumbled, flinching when he saw his dad look at Taehyung with a shocked expression.

"15? Taehyung what in the world were you doing dating a 15 year old at 21?!" Hyungwon grumbled, raising his voice for a minute before letting it fall.

"I-, W-Well when we m-met I didn't know he was f-fifteen ...a-and I only found out a f-few months into the relationship...a-and a lot happened. I broke up with him with the excuse that I was getting bored which I convinced myself that I was b-but then I-I saw him at the m-massage place and everything I had pushed down came b-back up. Then I acted harshly on my a-actions and o-our relationship was r-really toxic and shit b-but it's better...I honestly had no bad intentions but my mental health was in a really bad place a-and I j-jus-"

"There's no need to ramble on Taehyung, as long as you didn't have any pedophilic intentions..." Hyungwon murmured, "Intentions which I hope you didn't have."

"I swear! I don't have an age kink or shit like that! I don't like him because of his age or that he's younger than me, I just like him for him that's all."

"You better, he seems like a keeper and I hope you aren't treating him like your mother treated me."

The apples of Taehyung's cheeks turned red as he looked away, somewhat still ashamed of his controversial talk with Yoongi that he had in the past.

Cutting in, Jeongguk calmly circled his hand on Taehyung's back, "I can assure you that he's doing just fine and he treats me well." Looking over at his lover, he sent him a small smile, that caused the latter's lips to quirk up a bit.

"Well I'm glad to hear that, as long as you two are doing fine then I'm fine. Young love is such a beautiful thing you know? I remember back in 95' when I was in my first relationship. His name was Jeon Jungwoon and he was the most beautiful thing I had ever encountered." Hyungwon sighed at the memory, whereas Jeongguk's brows quirked up at the name.

"We had started dating in 95' ya know, he was 23 and I was 28 at the time. Our relationship wasn't a good one though, mainly because of me and my internal homophobia. It was hard for me to accept the fact that I was even remotely attracted men, even when I was dating him. So I would lie and hide our relationship from everyone I knew. That is until one day Jungwoon told someone about us being together. It was his cousin who was also my friend. Coincidentally I had also told his cousin that I wasn't in a relationship."

"He had come to confront me about my lie, and I lashed out. I said some things I shouldn't have and then he was out the door. He had packed all his things and left, last thing I had heard about him is that he was married and had a child and I shouldn't have been so angry about it. But I loved him so much that I ended up going out and getting bat faced drunk. Trying to drown out my struggles with alcohol."

"But then I encountered him again, he was sitting with his wife in the bar. Laughing happily with her as she sipped on some brandy. Unconsciously, I threw myself at them, clinging onto him while tears poured down my face. Crying about how he left me. Fortunately he didn't push me off of him, instead he took me outside and called someone to pick me up. The last thing I remember of that night was him pressing a soft kiss on my lips and telling me that he was sorry he wasn't enough."

Hyungwon took a short pause in between his words, breathing in softly as a few tears fell from his face, "So that's why I hope Taehyung treats you with love, that I hope he treasures you with all his heart. I want him to treat you better than I treated your father Jeongguk, because when you lose your whole world you become lost, and I don't want that for either of you."