十 - shí

after that night, everything went back to the way it was the day before

after that night, everything went back to the way it was the day before. chan closed himslef off again, not talking, not interacting, not coming out from his room. everyone noticed the effect it had on felix as well, as much as he wanted to be happy he couldn't, but he stuck around changbin in hopes the male would, in all honesty, he didn't.

the end of year break was coming soon, but everyone needed to get through exams first. felix found that cafés really helped him in terms of focus and having a felaxed atmosphere so he spent most of his time there studying.

a random day in mid september he walked into his usual café, ordering and sitting down to study. he would look out the window from time to time then to the door, then to his page. he felt like he was waiting for someone but not knowing who. he was frustrated, he couldn't think straight. that was until a familiar boy walked in, someone who he wouldn't have expected to see but was the only person he needed to see. "bang chan!" he smiled and waved calling his aussie mate over. chan sighed and walked over reluctantly, "hey felix, did you need something?" 

"n-no...not really, but do you want to study with me?" 

"I don't think....." he looked down into those eyes that he knew he couldn't refuse. he cleared his throat and silently sat down. "what do you want to drink, I'll treat you~"

"how are you always paying for people?" he tilted his head, "my mum and dad over in Australia." the younger just nodded and smiled standing up, "so let me get you something." 

"surprise me, anything but coffee okay?" felix nodded, "oh yeah right, I do need your help, on korea language~" he giggled running to the counter.

"korean language....." chan mumbled thinking back.

"remember your tenses, pronunciation is key, wah, you're getting better at your formal language now~" the memories of their tutoring sessions in that week came back. "no no no! not like that! you're saying something completely different!" chan smiled and brought his work out, head down studying.

soon felix came back, "since it's cold I bought you a hot chocolate and my favourite cheesecake, it's strawberry~" chan looked up and smiled taking the drink, "thank you."

"here~" felix said holding a piece in front of the other's mouth, "say ah~" chan chuckled taking the piece in his mouth humming softly, "it's good~"

"right?" the younger took a bite for himself, "mm~ it's been a while~" he giggled getting onto his study.

chan sighed, he knew it was a bad idea studying with felix. his eyes would wonder from his work and then only a few seconds later to felix. his eyes and lips, how badly he wanted to kiss them. his cute dimples, his cheeks and his silky soft hair. he didn't notice that he had actually reached out and was stroking the youngers hair making him flush red, "s-sorry..." felix whined when he took his hand off before giggling, "why'd you stop? it made me feel like a cat~" he giggled before fixing his hair and calling chan to sit next to him, "I need help with this oppa~" 

chan hesitated walking around and sitting next to felix looking at his page, "ah, this one's easy~ so..." felix looked over watching him explain smiling. it was a bittersweet kind of feeling, knowing this was going to end sooner than expected, but not yet, he wasn't going to tell him yet, but he had to eventually. "felix? hellooo, lix?"

"h-hey yeah- sorry what?" chan sighed, "I'll start from the beginning again then."felix giggled and listened to chan explain. "I get it~ thank you~" as chan stood up to go back to the other side, felix grabbed his wrist, "stay here next to me please.." chan sighed sitting down again and pulling his stuff over, "you're so needy today." the younger shrugged, "it's just, I missed you a little..." he mumbled the last part grabbing a piece of cake and getting back to his work quickly hoping that chan didn't ask.

'he missed me...?'  he shook his head eating a bit of cake and working.

the eventually lost track of time, asking each other questions, mostly felix, taking a little. "hello, sorry to distub you but we're closing now." they both looked at the time, 

7:55pm

"wow it's late, thank you~" they packed up and stood up leaving the café. they walked by a park and sat down on the bench. "felix I gotta ask you something, I know it's not my business but that day, the day of your welcome part, why did you chose changbin, do you not like me?" felix looked down fiddling with his hands, "that's not it..."

"then what is it?" felix felt tears pool up in his eyes, "I can't tell you right now, but oppa I do have something important you need to know." he looked up, 

"I'm....I'm leaving korea..."

then and there, he felt his heart stop. "what? you're joking right? tell me you're joking..." the younger just shook his head tears threatening to fall, "my parents need me in Australia to take care of my siblings and they'd rather me finish school there too, so at the end of exam period...

"I'm leaving and I don't know when I'm coming back, I don't even know if I'm coming back..."

🍃