{13th of March - b.y}

i saw eddy and a group of boys enter the teacher's office before i entered the lecture hall.

eddy had by far probably the worst look i've ever seen him have, with dishevelled hair, black and purple bruises on his face and his hands, messy clothes and most of all, tear stains on his face. he looked awful.

and my heart throbbed in pain to see such a sight.

i don't know why.

recently i've been more observant towards him. unconsciously i have been scanning through the lecture hall for his figure, kept my ears alert to hear his voice from across the corridors, and have been noting his presence in every inch of the rooms. 

why am i acting like this?

there was a time where, i think back in February, where he caught me playing the violin at my secret spot. i didn't go there after that incident happened - it was so embarrassing! i noticed him only after i heard him play a duet of Clair de Lune (which i didn't think was possible by the way) to accompany mine. i was probably too confused around that time. i wasn't thinking straight. i could vividly feel my ears burning slightly at that moment.

there was something about the atmosphere that day.

was it the radiating, warm glow of the sunset? was it its bright orange and sunshine yellow hues? or was it something else...?

was it the smell of the freshly mowed grass? was it the rustling of the leaves of the row of trees planted on each side that swayed slightly with the breeze? was it the shadows of the leaves that shaded me from the illuminated field so i do not be seen by peering eyes?

or was it...

was it how the sunset seemed to shine from his pupils, making it as if his eyes were gleaming like they had tears in them? was it how the rays brightened his face, making it seem warmer? or was it how his hair swayed from the wind that blew from behind him, his face that was shielded partially by his bangs but making it seem so that his goofy little smile can still be seen?

was it?

was it how he played the duet? was it how passionately he was playing the accompaniment? was it how that accompaniment fit in magically with my melody like it was a major keyed song that realised with black keys it can sound more melodious? was it how the song melted my heart so much that i went back home and fell sick immediately but with the song and his face plastered on my mind and couldn't be taken off for a long period???

that can't be it.

it turned out, that eddy had been a victim to bullying.

i was distraught. bullying at our school?

that hasn't been heard of since the school was built! (i'm just joking here)

i recall hearing someone comforting eddy just two tables behind the lunch table i was sitting at. he was crying like, really really hard and couldn't stop himself.

i remember after that moment, i wasn't focused enough. i spent the whole practice time in the practice room absent-mindedly playing some Chopin whilst having the picture of crying eddy replayed on my mind over and over again, the guilt piling onto me.

why do i care so much about him?

why?