26/27th of August

"lucas?!"

"yes, eddy it's me. do you miss me?" lucas whispered while stroking eddy's neck delicately, sending shivers down eddy's spine. eddy's free left hand swiped lucas's arm off and tilts his head to sharply glare at him.

"don't. touch. me." he hissed.

"sorry ed. i forgot." lucas simply states before loosening his grip on eddy's right wrist. as eddy massages his wrist, lucas leans back against a wall.

"what are you, of all people, doing here at backstage?"

"i came to see you, isn't it clear enough?"

"i don't need you to come to visit me. don't you have better things to do than waste your time on me?"

"why?" lucas leans in to tower over eddy. "is it because you have brett already?" eddy gulps at how fiercely lucas emphasized on the name "brett", but he musters the courage to stand his ground.

"lucas, you have no control over my life. i can like whoever i want now and it's none of your busin-"

PAK!

eddy's body was slammed against the dressing table out of the mere impact of a sharp, stinging slap. as his head fell back, it contacts with the mirror and breaks it, eddy's face twisting into an expression of pain. he slumps onto the ground as the glass shards fell onto the table, one slipping off the edge to slit a wound on his neck. as eddy cowers in agony, lucas retracts his hand and kneels in one knee in front of eddy to stroke the reddening, swollen cheek.

"oh dear, i'm so sorry ed." he murmurs, his palm cupping eddy's cheek and his thumb caressing it. eddy winced at his touch and tries to move away.

"o-old habits never die out, huh?" eddy spat out at lucas. "you've stayed this violent?" upon hearing eddy, lucas wore a frown.

"i'm trying to care for you and this is what you say?" lucas's hand slips under eddy's chin to lift it, forcing eddy to make eye contact with him.

"since... when did you... care for what you did to me? you only... cared for how i looked but never how i felt..." eddy mutters slowly. "unlike you... brett cared for every part of me and that's why... i love him... more than yo-"

eddy didn't get to finish his sentence as his other cheek had earned another, harder, slap than the previous one, sending eddy coughing out saliva. lucas stood up, his palms rolled into fists, anger seething out of him. he whips his body around to send a chair flying straight to the wall by a roundhouse kick. as he proceeds to punch walls and swipe every item off the tabletop, eddy regains posture, his hand shading his cheek. seeing lucas so busy, he tries to exit the door.

"BRETT, BRETT AND BRETT! WHY IS IT ALWAYS THIS PERSON? WHO WAS THE ONE THAT CARED FOR YOU ALL THESE YEARS? WHO WAS THE ONE THAT PROTECTED YOU FROM ALL THOSE BULLIES? WHO WAS THE ONE THAT SPENT THEIR DAYS AND NIGHTS WITH YOU? WHO WAS THE ONE THAT SUPPORTED YOU THROUGH EVERY HARDSHIP YOU HAD? MEEEE! I DID!! I WAS THE ONE! ME, ME, AND ME!!! BUT WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME? HUH? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME AND CLAIM I DIDN'T LOVE YOU? HUH??? AFTER ALL THIS TIME, THIS IS WHAT YOU TELL ME??"

after every word that lucas screamed his lungs out at, eddy crawls a little closer to the door.

'i have to get out of here, who knows what this berserk is going to do to me next. he's out of his mind now! he won't listen to me even if i try to negotiate-'

eddy's thoughts were cut by a strong firm hold on his ankle and the sudden horror that followed.

"where do you think you're going, huh? trying to be resilient, huh? going to find your new boyfriend, huh? going to leave me, huh?" lucas breathes, his lips curving into a crazed grin and he pulls eddy, grabs hold of his shoulder and his leg, and flings him effortlessly up into the air just to crash against another chair, sending both the chair and eddy to tumble upside down on the ground. wood splinters flew across the room and rained down like needles, leaving injuries all over eddy. all happened so quickly that eddy couldn't process everything in one go. as eddy slams straight into the wall, lucas goes over and lifts him by the collar off the ground.