26th of August

eddy sat on the audience seats facing directly at the stage whilst everyone else from the orchestra went to prepare. it was a few 2 hours before call time, which meant he was really, really early. even though he hadn't changed into his concert attire yet because he figured he'll do that after an hour just sitting here. he sat there, staring at the stage with all the glowing lights and the instruments that stayed there. all of it seemed to shine amongst the flickers from the lights.

'are you going to perform, eddy?'
a voice called out in his head.

father.

eddy smiles at the voice, being reminded of what brett had told him yesterday, aside from the sudden kiss before that.

"yes, dad. you're going to see me perform tonight, at the same spot you stood... are you proud of me?"

'eddy, i'm always proud of whatever you did.'

"eddy, who are you talking to?"

eddy jolted and turned to his side. beside him, stood ray, in his concert attire. he gaped at eddy in surprise, as if he thought eddy saw a ghost or that he suffered from trauma so much he starts talking to himself. ray sat down at the seat next to eddy and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him.

"eddy! are you okay?!"

"uhhh yes i am..."

"why are you talking to thin air then? are you hallucinating? is your brain alright?"

"......i was just thinking out aloud ray, chillax."

"oh. you sure you're alright?" ray mumbled, scratching the back of his head in confusion.

"yes, i am."

eddy and ray sat next to each other, enveloped in silence as technicians move on and off the stage to make sure everything is in top-notch shape before nightfall. as they watched people pass them by hurriedly, one of them decides to ask something he's been wanting to ask.

"hey eddy, you love brett right?"

eddy turned to ray's direction with an astonished look. ray could see that eddy's cheeks are slowly puffing up in the heat.

"no! i don't even like him! what are you talking about?"

"lol you know you don't need to lie about it right? plus, you're a terrible liar so i kinda guessed it."

eddy was stupefied. the colour on eddy's cheeks was rising by seconds. ray clears his throat and calmly explains.

"brett told me everything that happened yesterday night before the rehearsal, even the little details and reactions so..."

"l-little details huh," eddy stammers in his speech, his hands going to shade his reddened face from ray, who was snickering. "h-how was his reaction when he told you that?"

"oh don't worry, his reaction is exactly like yours now."

this only made eddy blush harder.

"i'm curious, how and when did you start realising you have feelings for brett?"

"......on the day i was bullied the third time earlier this year, i stumbled upon him playing the violin on the field behind our school. i guess i kind of fell in love at first sight on him. he really looked beautiful, his features were illuminated by the warm glows of the sunset. i was stunned... later after that as i gradually knew him, i feel comfort in his presence as when i was down. it almost seems as if he could hear my sorrows and troubles, then he'll come around and soothe me, or at least when i think of him, it puts my mind at ease." eddy's hand ran through his hair, letting strands of it flow between the gaps. a sadder look crosses his face.