Chapter 12

Edited

After taking a shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and went over to my suitcase. I opened it and took out some black leggings and a black sports bra. I dried myself off before putting on undergarments and my clothes.

When I was done, I put my hair up in a ponytail and put on some running shoes. I then went down stairs to eat breakfast.

Sitting on the dining table was Charles he had not noticed me until I walked past him.

"Rayna." I stopped in my tracks and turned around to meet his eyes. He patted the chair next to his.

"Come sit."

"Hold on. I'm going to get some cereal," I said while heading to some cupboards. I opened them to find what I needed. I grabbed milk from the fridge and made my cereal. After I put everything away, I went back over to where Charles is sitting and sat In the chair next to him.

"Hey," He spoke first.

"Hey," I replied.

Charles scratched the back of his neck. "I-uh, I heard your argument with Orion," He said. For some reason, I did not feel surprised. I had a feeling he would have found out.

"It's fine. That way you know who is to blame if something happens, not that I am planning something or anything," I said. He nodded but at the same time, he furrowed his eyebrows.

"So you're not going to leave after all he said?" He asked.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm not. I still have hope for our bond. It's gonna take some time for him to realize but it'll be worth it," I assured him.

"Yeah. I'll have your back, but that doesn't mean I'll stop obeying Orion. He is still my alpha and I will respect him," He said. I nodded, understanding him.

"That's fine with me," I said as we continued to eat our breakfast.

*

Once we both finished, I took our bowls and put them in the sink. I started scrubbing them but Charles stopped me.

"You don't have to clean them. The omegas will take care of it," He said but I shook my head.

"The omegas shouldn't have to do everything. Plus, it's the least I can do for letting me stay here." Charles just shrugged and let me finish.

Once I did, I followed Charles outside. He lead me to a big, open field that was surrounded by trees. I could see that the soldiers and some pack members were there. I was about to get into a random spot when Charles stopped me.

"Follow me." I did as I was told. He led me to the very front of the crowd of people.

I saw Orion was there. Once he saw me, he stared me down as if he was going to kill me.

"Stand next to him. He is going to announce you to them before training starts." My eyes widened and I stopped in my tracks at that.

"What do you mean stand next to him!" I whisper-yelled. "You know how he feels about me. He doesn't want anything to do with me," I told him. He just shrugged.

"You're the future Luna so you better get used to it," He said and nudged me slightly with his elbow. I frowned and made my way over to Orion -who was still staring at me might I add-.

As I got next to him, I saw him tense from the corner of my eyes. He clapped his hands and the chatter soon died down.

"Alright. There is someone I would like to introduce to you all." He placed his hand on my shoulder. It was now my turn to tense up as I felt tingles and sparks spread throughout my being. I looked up at him to see a smirk on his face.

"This here is Rayna Moonlight. She is the daughter of Alpha Raymond Moonlight. Rayna has come here to train with us." Isla and I both frowned internally at his lie.

Why would he lie about it? Asked Isla.

Don't know. I told her and she whimpered in my head.

He knew I was upset because he lied about the real reason I was here. His expression said it all.

You don't want them to turn on you, do you? His voice echoed in my head and I flinched at the sound of his voice.

N-no. I relplied.

Good. So go along with it.

His words made my blood boil at 3 million degrees.

You cannot tell me what I should and should not do. I snapped which made him growl.

Let me remind you. I am the alpha here. You are on my land, therefore, you follow my orders. He said.

I am the future Luna of this pack, weather you like it or not, we are mates. I pointed out which only made him even more mad.

I rejected you. Remember?

I didn't accept it. Remember? I said, matching his tone. He growled at me before shutting our link off.

"Alright! Everyone partner up!" Charles yelled once he saw our internal argument was over. Charles and Orion partnered up and I was left partnered up with another guy. He still had power radiating off of him which made me think he was the Gamma.

He extended his arm towards me. "I'm Ace, Gamma of this pack." I also extended my arm towards him, interlocking it with his. We shook hands and then I brought my hand back down to my side. Looks like my suspicions were correct.

"Rayna Moonlight." I smiled at him.

He seems like a nice guy. I told Isla.

Maybe we can get him and give up on Orion. I joked which made Isla growl in my head. I laughed at her over protectiveness of the person who has made our life hell so far.

I focused my attention back at Ace who was getting into a defensive position, ready to fight.

"No seriously hurting the other," He said. Which made me smirk.

"You're just afraid I'll beat you." He chuckled at me.

"Game on."

And so we started fighting.
______________________________________

Hey.... I haven't been in the mood to right lately because someone in my grade sadly past away on friday. Our whole grade has been depressed by the loss of this person. My greatest and sincere wishes go to the family of this person.

Anyway, I liked writing this chapter. It was fun. I would really appreciate of one of you artistic and creative people out there could make a new cover for my book.

I don't have any social media because I don't like it since it brings a lot of negative energy. And I obviously don't wanna put my phone number on a public place. If anyone has a cover for me, you could make a 'book' and put the cover in there. Then, you can send me the link through a message here on wattpad and I'll just get it from your 'book'. It's a whole process but it's the easiest I can think of right now.

Thanks for 500 views! #roadto1k haha.

My goal is to get to 1k and then 10k. It would mean the world to me.

Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next chapter.