Chapter 18

Edited

"Why would you do that to yourself Rayna?!" Charles asked while yelling at the same time.

"I refuse to eat or drink anything until I'm out of here and Orion stops being an asshole," I said while staring at Orion, glaring daggers at him. Charles shifted his gaze to Orion.

"Orion-" he started but Orion cut him off.

"Don't start this again," He said. "I refuse to have her be the Luna of this pack. Besides, she'll have to eat someday if she wants to live to see the sun again."

"What happens the day she dies of starvation?" Charles asked, crossing his arms. "You'll have the packs Luna's death on your hands."

"I couldn't care less," He spat which made a painfull pang spread through my chest.

"You're not thinking about the pack, Orion. What will the pack think when they find out their alpha let their Luna die?" Charles asked.

"I have been thinking about the pack, and I've come to the conclusion that they don't need her," Orion replied. "They don't need someone to set them back."

I've realized how bipolar Orion is. One moment he's trying to help me survive and the next, he doesn't care if I die. It infuriates me beyond belief.

"What happened to when you tried to help me. You kept trying to get me to eat and drink water," I said and he pursed his lips. He was about to say something, but I cut him off. "Don't tell me that wasn't you. Your eyes were never gold, meaning that it couldn't have been Daren," I finished, feeling satisfied that I could expose him like that.

"I already told you," He started. "It was me but Daren would never forgive me if I let you die. That's why I tried helping you."

"Well I don't want your help," I said and closed my eyes. " I hope I've made it clear. Just leave me alone to sleep -and hopefully never wake up- if you aren't going to get me out of here."

I heard someone sigh and a pair of footsteps retreating. Someone wrapped their arms around me in a hug. "I'll help you get out as soon as I can," A voice, who I assumed belonged to Charles said.

I opened my eyes and gave him the best smile I could muster up. It probably looked sickly but I went with it. "Thanks Charles. You've been acting like my mate more than Orion has, and you're not even my mate."

"I would never treat someone like he does. Even if we do have the reputation of the strongest, deadliest pack in the world," He said, pulling away. "I have to go now but I'll try to visit as soon as possible."

"Okay." I nodded slightly which made me flinch in pain. He said something else but I didn't hear anything because I had already fallen under a spell called sleep.

*

Charles' POV

I felt terrible after seeing her fall asleep all cold and alone, with no hope of ever getting out. Theres no doubt about it, she will die in there if she stays there. She has been refusing food and water from anyone. No one can get her to eat anything.

I decided to try and get Orion to take her out of there before she dies on me; on us. I walked into the office where Orion spends most of his time doing pack work.

"Orion, please listen to me for once. I need to talk to you," I started, asking for him to listen to me before he says something. He groaned after I spoke.

"I already know what this is about but fine. Go ahead." He gestures for me to sit down and I do so.

"As you already know, it's about Rayna," I started. "I want to take her out of there," I said, pausing in case he wanted to yell at me. "She looks sickly. She hasn't eaten at all since the day I brought her here. She only ate breakfast that day."

Orion opened his mouth to protest but I quickly cut him off. "Please? I'm sure she's learned her lesson." I sounded desperate but I don't care when it comes to my friends. "Has she disrespected you at all since she's been in there?" I asked

"Well...no. Not that I recall," He said, thinking deeply.

"See?" I said. "She has learned her lesson. Please let her out, Orion. It's all I ask of you."

"Okay," he gave in.  I'll let her out. I guess you are right," He said. My heart started racing, not believing what he was saying.

"Really?" I asked, shock taking over me.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Let's go."

I started jumping up and down in excitement. He really wasn't lying. I don't think I stopped jumping up and down all the way there.

*

Rayna's POV

I awoke to the sound of the cell door opening once more. Two figures appeared in the shadows which I assumed belonged to Charles and Orion. Charles kneeled down next to me and I smiled.

"Back so soon?" I asked and he chuckled.

"This will be my last time visiting you." My face fell upon hearing those words escape Charles' lips.

"Why?" My lip started trembling.

"Don't be upset." He still had a smile on his face. "I convinced Orion to let you out of here!" He yelled. His smile grew wider as he saw my eyes light up and widen.

"Are you serious?" I couldn't believe this. It was probably some cruel joke Orion made Charles take part in. I shifted my gaze over to Orion who was standing behind Charles.

"Yup," Orion sighed. "As much as I would hate to let you out, you have been behaving yourself lately, so I guess. I may be the cruelest and least patient alpha out there but I am fair." He said while putting on gloves and kneeling down beside me. He grabbed one of my wrists and I hissed at the familiar burning. He took a key out of his pocket and stuck it in the key hole. He twisted the key until a satisfying click was heard. He placed the key on eth floor and started peeling the cuffs away, to which I yelled out in pain. My wounds had scabbed over, some of the scab was attached to the cuffs. It hurt like crazy when he peeled it off. My wrist started bleeding profusely. Charles wrapped my freed wrist in some bandages that they had brought while Orion worked on the other wrist.

The process was repeated with my other wrist. Orion unlocked it while I yelled out in pain from him peeling it off. Then, Charles wrapped that one up too.

Orion then moved to the one around my neck. It hurt by him just touching it. He unlocked it and I let out an ear piercing scream from him barely starting to peel it away.

"Stop! Stop! I can't. It hurts too much!" I yelled which made him stop.

"I have to or you'll be attached to the wall forever," Orion said calmly.

"Fine! Fine! Please, just do it quickly!" I yelled.

He instructed Charles to lift my head up off the ground. Charles did as he was told and Orion proceeded to peal it off. I screamed louder with every second. It seemed like an eternity when he finally got it off. He slid it out from under my head and set it aside along with the other ones. He then grabbed the bandages and started wrapping them around my neck.

Both of them helped me stand up. I automatically felt light headed and my legs were wobbly. I didn't think I could take a single step by myself without collapsing. I grabbed my head with my hand and groaned.

"Hold on, I'm gonna-"

I didn't finish that sentence as I fell and passed out. The last thing I felt were strong arms and familiar sparks catch me.
______________________________________

Rayna is finally out of there. Too bad she wont be able to enjoy it until she wakes up. :(

We are at 1k!! I'm so happy!! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR READING.

Its 9:15 and I'm procrastinating on homework again! Its gonna bite me in the butt tomorrow.

I have the hoco parade tomorrow that I'm marching in so that's fun.

Comment your thoughts on Different so far over here --------------->

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.