Chapter 37

My mouth hung open in shock as I picked up the note, reading it over and over again. It didn't feel real. It couldn't. I didn't want it to be real. I knew I had to go since two packs are at stake.

I stuffed the piece of paper into my pocket and started to pace around the room. "What am I going to do, what am I going to do?" I whispered as I dug my hands into my hair, lightly tugging.

Are you seriously thinking about going?! Isla yelled in my head.

It's not like I have a choice. This person is threatening me with our pack and Orion's pack. I can't just sit back and watch as they get torn apart, especially if people I care about reside in these packs. Tears slipped down my face at the thought of it.

Think about it, she said calmly. You don't know who this person is or what they're capable of. They could be lying and threatening you just to get you to cooperate.

Exactly. We don't know what they're capable of. She sighed.

I'm not going to be able to stop you am I?

No. Not when it comes to people I care about. Is all I said before I shut off the link.

I'm assuming they want me to go alone so no one should know. I know why they chose the time they did. Everyone would be asleep and it would be easier to leave the pack house without people seeing me. The borders have less guards patrolling at night since no one really goes in or out.

I sat myself on the bed and started brainstorming a plan. I had to be smart. Whoever this was, they most likely know what they're doing.

*

Hours later, I came up dry. There was no safe way of finding a loop-hole. I guess I'm just going to have to go and risk everything for the safety of the two packs.

I heard footsteps approach my door, followed by a knock. I stood up and shoved my hands in the pockets of my shorts.

"Come in." I heard the door knob jiggle before the door was opened and Orion's figure appeared. He had a plate of food in his hand. He closed the door behind himself and put his weight on it by leaning on it.

"I was just checking up on you. Are you alright." He had a soft facial expression on.

"I'm fine." I said smoothly. "Why?"

"You didn't come down for dinner." As he handed me the plate, I took my hands out of my pocket to recieve it. The note must've caught on my sleeve since it flew out of my pocket and onto the floor. I set the plate down on the dresser and quickly went to retrieve the piece of paper. Orion was faster than me as he bent down and grabbed it before I could.

"Don't-"

"Its fine." He uncrumbled the piece of paper and his eyes scanned the words. In seconds, his soft expression changed into a cold, hard one. He crumbled the paper up in his fist before dropping it on the ground.

So much for keeping this a secret. Isla said annoyingly. I rolled my eyes but didn't respond.

"Who is this person and why are they threatening you to meet them at the east border in the middle of the night?" He asked accusingly.

"That's none of your business."

"Yes, actually it is my business. Who. Is. This. Person." He was really mad.

"I don't know." I'm not going to lie, he was scaring me. I went back over to my bed and sat down. Orion pushed himself off of the door and followed.