Chappy 2

Okay, so I know this seems like, "ahh it's dumb to act like a kid" for now, but I swear it's not always going to be like that. Later on it will explain how useful little space is, but in order for it to be realistic, our dear friend Jake here hates it for now.

~    ~    ~

I've only seen this part of the space stop once, when I was first brought here. There were all types of creatures walking about, and I couldn't get enough.

there were restaurants holding strange foods for all. Everything was a light grey with lines of glowing blue. The man who bought me tugged me along, but I wanted to learn.

It's so interesting how so many species can be here, and its so orderly. The different creatures are minding themselves, and it hits me that there must be some laws set. But what are they?

I stumble as the pink man tugs harder, and satisfied that I'm moving, keeps walking. I notice that no one even bats a lash at me, and my curiosity turns into hatred.

My hands ball into fists and I feel like punching something. Their so used to seeing humans on leashes, and don't do a single fucking thing.

I remember suddenly that my hands are free. Idiot. I reach up to my collar, and to where the leash connects to it. I try to find a way to unconnect it, but can't.

I glare at the back of his bald head, hoping to somehow have heat vision. Stupid impossible leash. How the fuck does it not have a way of taking it off?

He stops suddenly, and I run into him.

"Careful," he says, and I roll my eyes. I'll accedently run into him if I want to.

I look around, wondering why we're stopped to find a ship. A big ship. Its completely white and very shiny. I try to open my mouth to say something, forgetting the tape and pacifier.

He takes out a knife, and I flinch. Is he a blood drinker? But he pricks himself with it. My eyebrows furrow in confusion until he wipes his blood on the perfect ship, and a door I didn't know was there slides open.

He puts his hand on the small of my back, and I resist the urge to elbow him. He pushes me inside, and I try to say something again, and make a weird groaning noise at the stupid pacifier.

He leads me to a room with lots of glowing multicolor buttons, which I assume is the control room. He didn't stop there, though, and took me into a pastel room right next to it.

"Stay," he simply says, magically taking off the leash, then leaves the room.

Now I'm alone. For the first time in a really long time, I'm alone. I almost start crying, but catch myself. I can't show any weakness here, there're probably cameras.

I rip the pacifier out of my mouth, flinching at the tape. The room he's put me in has pastel purple walls, with random clouds painted on. I scoff. I'm not a toddler, no matter if I'm kind of short.

I notice that there's a type of play pin in the middle of the room,with toys in in the tall primary colored gates. Stupid alien. There's a gigantic crib in here, too and I fight the urge to scream in anger. I'm not sleeping in that. But right next to it is a cage. I'll sleep on the floor when the time comes, I've spent enough time in a cage for a lifetime.

I sit down on the pink carpet and cross my arms. There is no way in hell I'm touching anything in this room other than the stupid carpet.

The door slides open to reveal the man who put me here. The corners of his mouth lift up into a small smile as he takes me in. I realize I look like a pouting child, and immediately un cross my arms.

"Name?" He asks simply, and I blink.

I honestly thought he was just gonna give me a name, and completely ignore my past.

"Jake. Yours?" I ask, and he purses his lips.

"Doesn't matter," he says, and I make a frustrated noise that sounds a little bit like growling.

"Like hell it doesn-" I start, but he interrupts me.

"Little things shouldn't swear," he says again, and I cross my arms.

"Bu-"

"No," he states firmly, and I glare at him.

"Bed time," he says and starts to walk towards me.

My eyes widen and I protest loudly, "no, I'll just sleep on the floor!"

"No, that's bad for human's back," he says, and I scoot away from him.

He's faster then me, especially when I'm trying to scoot away from him on carpet. He picks me up, and I go completely limp. He simply puts his hand under my butt and the other on my back.

I try kicking him, but I'm in a position where I can't. He quickly changes position so he's holding me by the armpits again. I let my legs fall, but he sits me down on the thin bar of the crib.

"I will drop you down if you do not cooperate," he warns, and I look at the fall.

Seeing as I'd most likely hit my head, I lifted my legs. I'd rather not have a concussion.

He sets me down in the crib, and I realize how tall this man really is. I'm pretty short, so I think everyone is tall, but this man has to be close to seven feet tall. He just lifted me into a really big crib.

"Sleep," he orders, and I glare at him.

He flicks off the light as he leaves, and I stay sitting up. I refuse to sleep in here.

I start to shiver from the cold, so I put the very soft blue blanket over my legs. I start to curl into the warmth the blanket brings, and my eyes grow heavy. 

I try to fight the sleep, but my eyelids slide closed of their own accord, and I fall into an uneasy rest.