Chappy 11

So I was being a dumbass and forgot I had written this chapter already. It was just in my notes, finished, and I completely forgot about it. Sorry for the long wait, but I hope you like!

~~~~~~~~~

I run my hand through my newly cut hair for the thousandth time. It feels nice to not have all that weight on my head. I'm really curious about what Blair's gonna look like with hair.

Val kicked both me and Blair out of the ship while he painted, so Blair has been leading me around the Space Stop to get new clothes. so far we haven't gone into a single store.

"Blair-"

"Not now."

"bu-"

"No."

He's been in a mood since Val told him he needs to grow his hair out. Why is it such a big deal? He suddenly pulls me into a store, and I squeal in surprise.

I look around to find myself surrounded by pastel. Great. Even when he's in a bad mood, he'll still be up to dressing me up in what he likes.

He hands me things to hold as he browses, but I don't pay attention to what it is he picks out. I've always hated shopping, but now I don't even have a choice as to what im getting. This is so frustrating.

After a while of browsing, he wordlessly pushes me into a changing room, but doesn't leave. I try to kick him out, but he just closes the door behind him.

"I don't need you to-" Blair shushes me, and in response, I cross my arms and pout.

He simply smiles slightly, making me even more frustrated.

"Well, can you at least explain-" he shushes me again.

"No! stop it! why can't I talk!? what is your problem? I didn't do anything, so why the fuck can't I speak?" I didn't realize my mistake until it was too late.

"Language, little one."

that's it? that's the only reaction I get? not even an explanation at the very least?

"Just answer my question, Blair! what's your problem?"

He sighs before sitting on the chair in front of the mirror.

"It is an enormous dishonor for my species to grow hair. When someone grows their hair, it means they have been cast out."

"But if you don't live with your people anymore, then does it even matter?" I ask.

"of course it does. it has been ingrained in my people that whoever has hair is an outcast, to be looked down upon."

"I mean, you did go against your family to keep me. So it makes sense, right? Besides, it's not as though I'll think any differently of you. I hate you either way."

He chuckles softly, which is what I was trying to get him to do. "Little one." is all he says while shaking his head.

I pick up a long sleeve shirt he's picked out. It's pastel blue with little suns lining the sleeves. I have to admit, it is pretty cute. I put it on and flap the sleeves. Perfect.

"Do you like it, small one?"

"Uh-huh!" I giggle a little bit and start hitting him with my oversized sleeves. "Mwahahaha! you are under attack!" I yell, starting to get into little space.

He lifts me up and swings me around while I shriek. "your attack has been avoided!" He replies, and I start laughing.

"oh noooo!" my voice starts rising in pitch as I get deeper into the headspace.

"Okay, that's enough. we should get back, I'm certain Val should be near finished at this point."

"Okay, " I say, disappointed. I was having fun, I don't want to go back. Hmph, if I don't wanna go back, then why should we? we barely even got anything.

I sit down and cross my arms. "I don't wanna!"

"little prince, you just said okay, " I blush at the nickname but shake my head.

"nu-uh."

"oh really? well then. I guess I'll just have to leave without you." he won't. he wouldn't. but he does.

I run out to find him next to the door and cross my arms.

"that's not fair!" I whine. "Tricking people is mean!"

"But at times it is necessary, " he replies, and I pout at him.

He takes my hand and we pay, then leave. I feel so much better now that he's talking again, and that I've made him laugh a little bit. I can't believe im actually having a good time with him. It seems impossible, yet here I am.

When we get to the ship, only a small square is painted black, and I scrunch my eyebrows. "I thought you said he would almost be done by now?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. He simply looks at the small square in fear.

"We need to leave. Now." He says.

"what? why!? what about Val?"

"It's too late for him, we need to go!"

"Is that so?" I hear a chilling voice to my left say. It's her.

Blair quickly scoops me up and carries me toddler style, then races to another ship. I simply shut my eyes, and refuse to look back at her. not again.

I hear footsteps on metal and wonder how the hell he got in. I thought ships were protected by blood?

He sets me down, gets the engines running, and goes up, crashing through the ceiling of the space stop.

"Blair!" I scream in fear. "What the fuck are you doing!?"

he doesn't even tell me to watch my language. He's scared. Tears start flowing over, but for once, they're not tears of anger, but tears of fear. I don't even have Rex with me. I don't have anything but Blair.

Why does it have to be this way? why can't everything just be okay? I wish, so bad, that everything could be fine, and that no one found out about earth. Then this would never happen.

I curl up and bury my head between my knees and wail. im so scared, I don't think I could do anything else. I'm so hopeless. everything is hopeless. She'll always find me, and she'll eventually get me and Blair.

~~~~~~~~~~

One last thing: I decided to draw Jake and Blair with their new hair stuffs, and also to show the height difference. I didn't feel like drawing the bodies though, cuz I'm lazy.

Yes I decided to give blair blue hair because I didn't like how the other colors I tried looked