Chappy 10

I've finally done it! Oof, im sorry but thank you so much for the support! I really appreciate it, and this is a little shorter than usual, but I wanted to get it out. Again, so sorry it took forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Val comes in after a few minutes, and I quickly get up to hide behind Blair. 

"I believe I've thought of a way to disguise you both," he says, looking at Blair.

"Really? one that'll work?" I ask stupidly.

"That was the plan, " he says, and I blush.

"what ?" Blair prompts.

"Something you're really not going to like."

Blair sighs, shaking his head. "I was aware this would come up, but is it necessary?"

"Yes, you know it is."

I let out a frustrated groan. what is it with them and secrets? "What? what's necessary?"

"well, little one-" I huff, "-I'm gonna change your guys' hairstyles, " Val explains, and I look curiously at Blair. He doesn't have any hair.

"I am, unfortunately, going to grow my hair out, while you shall cut your hair short, " is Blair's answer to my unasked question.

"Why are you bald if you can grow hair though?" I ask, and Val has a sudden coughing fit that sounds suspiciously like laughter.

upon realizing that the question was most likely rude, I whisper an apology and hide my face in Blair's shirt. He pets my head in reassurance.

"Another time, small one, " is his reply. "Val, continue." 

"right! well we have much more to do other than changing hair. we have to fix up the security, paint the ship, and find, disable and get rid of any trackers or cameras."

"Trackers or cameras?" I repeat, looking around where I'm standing, for what, I don't know. A blinking light?

"Everything will be okay, I won't allow anyone to come near you, " Blair says softly.

"But what about you?" I ask, suddenly angry. "Who's gonna protect you?" I don't even know why I care. I barely know this person. But yet, here I am. Scared not for me, but for him.

"You play here while we fix the security, " is all he says, and then I'm alone.

I bury my face in my hands, not sure how to feel, or what I am feeling. scared? Angry? relieved? I punch the soft carpet, surprising myself.

I shout wordlessly in frustration, at myself, at Blair, at Val, at those stupid Goredants. I can't handle all of this. Who would be able to? Blair, I guess. He handles everything, and is always so calm. I should try being like him.

I take deep breaths and close my eyes. Think calm thoughts. Memories of earth start flooding in, and the harder I try to push them away, the faster they flash by. deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths. stop thinking, stop thinking, just stop thinking!

I curl up and stay there for a while before the door opens. I immediately straighten up and pretend that nothing is wrong. But my smile is too fake. the fact that my smile's present in the first place is probably a warning sign to Blair.

"What is it?" He asks. I let my smile drop and shake my head, letting him know that I don't want to talk about it. "Tell me what it is, and I shall fix it for you."

"You can't-" I sigh. "It's nothing, I'll tell you later."

"I will hold you to that, " I give a weak smile.

"why'd you come back, anyway? are you finished with the ship already?" I ask, impressed.

He shakes his head. "We need your help. I wish against it, but neither Val nor I am small enough to reach where we need."

I stand up, "okay then, lead the way."

He reaches his hand out, so I take it. I'm lead to where Val is, and look around.

"We believe there's a tracker in the vent, but we can't reach it, " Val explains.

I look up at a small, open vent and bring my gaze to Blair, raising my eyebrows.

"Right, " he says, and lifts me up by my armpits.

It hurts a little, but nothing I can't deal with. I get a small hold and Blair pushes me in. I scrounge around for a time, not too sure what im looking for.

"What do these things look like?" I yell down to Blair.

"small little circles, the others we found had a little light attached." Val's voice answers.

I look around, trying to find it. I'm struck with an idea and lay down on my back to look on the ceiling.

"aha! got it!"

I take the chip and crawl to the exit, ready to get out of this thing. I jump down without any help, much to Blairs dismay.

"anything else I can do?"

"No." Blair snaps. Does he not think I can do anything?

"I can help!" I whine.

"Val."

"well sweetie, we don't want you to get hurt, " Val obediently explains.

"But I'll be careful! I promise! I even pinky promise!"

"come one, I still have to cut your hair, " Val distracts me, but I nod and go into a different room to get my hair cut.