Chappy 5

Tears slip onto my cheeks at the fear I just went through. I quickly wipe them away. There is no way I'm crying in front of him again. Ever.

After a few minutes, the door slides open, and I stand up with a million questions on my tongue.

"Who was that? Why did she want me? Are you a delivery person? Why don't I deserve it? What even wa-" a pacifier gets popped into my mouth, and I glare at him heatedly.

"I will answer your questions when you calm down. Which means naptime, little one," Is Blair's answer, and I take out the pacifier angrily.

"What!? But I'll forget my questions by then!" I half snap, half whine, then as an after thought, I pout "and I'm not little."

"Behave, and I'll explain to you who I am," he compromises, and I nod. He wins this time.

I let him pick me up, yawning. Once in the large crib, I cuddle into the soft blanket immediately.

"Here," He says softly, and I look up to see him handing me a stuffed T-rex.

I smile, remembering the pterodactyl, and take it. I wait for him to leave, but he doesn't. I frown at him, and noticing my discomfort, he does the least expected. He starts to sing.

"Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars, let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. In other words, hold my hand. In other words..." my eyes close without me telling them too, and I fall into a comfortable slumber.

*   *   *

When I come back to life, Blair is no where in sight. I stand up, and the top of the crib comes up to my chest. How does that man lift me in here? I wish he didn't, I could sleep on the floor.

I grab the plush blue blanket I was using, and drop it next to the crib. I consider the stuffed toy before grabbing that, too. There are some pillows that I pile on top of the blanket, all the while carrying Rex, which is what I've begun to call my soft dinosaur.

I lift myself up by my arms, and try to lift my legs. I'm suddenly not supported, and I screech in fear as I fall to the ground. I nearly hit my head on the plush carpet, instead hitting my upper back. Hard.

"Ow! Ffff!" I yell, stopping myself from saying the actual word.

Blair comes running in, immediately cradling me in his arms.

"I'm fine! put me down!" I yell at him, but he just rocks me back and forth.

"Blair," I whine, but he simply switches positions so he's carrying me toddler style, and wipes my face with his pink hand, shushing me. I didn't notice I was crying. I scold myself, I promised I'd never cry in front of him again. Well starting now, I won't.

He bends down and quickly snatches Rex, handing him to me. I grab him, disgruntled.

"Hungry?" He asks, and I nod, still pouting slightly.

He carries me to a room I've never been in with a table and chairs sourounding it. A few feet from the table there's a counter with cabinets below and above it. It's an entire kitchen. In space.

He sits me in the biggest high chair I've ever seen while I entertain myself with the thought of how there's a kitchen in space. He gets out a small blue plate with Cinderella on it, and rummages around the small kitchen for a few minutes before setting it before me with chicken nuggets in the shape of dinosaurs, and Mac and cheese with broccoli in it.

I smile, looking down at Rex, picking up a nugget.

"Why all this adult baby stuff?" I ask Blair, and he looks at me, seeming confused. "Like, I know about the pet stuff." I continue, "but why the baby and toddler things?"

"Cute," he simply answers, and I shrug, taking a bite out of the delicious dino before remembering something.

"Right!" I exclaim suddenly, spitting chicken everywhere.

Startled, Blair looks at me. "What is it? And don't speak with food in your mouth."

"Sorry," I say sheepishly, and swallow. "I just remembered that you said you'd tell me who you are!"

He flinches back a little bit. "I did, didn't I?" He asks, and deciding it was retoracle, I wait for him to continue, taking another bite of my nugget.

"As you know, when we found earth,  we made it go by the laws the rest of the universe goes by, with the exception of pets, of course." I nod, urging him to continue while chewing.

"My planet went through the same thing, well before my life was created." He continues, "I took a test, just like yours. It was decided that I was to take orders from a certain family." I stop him before he continues.

"You're a slave?" It dawns on me with horror, "To her?"

I start laughing, and he looks surprised. "You, a slave was sent to get another slave?" I stop abruptly. "Oh my god, you disobeyed her."

"You have a strange way of processing things, little one." He says, and I shoot him a quick glare before attacking the Mac and cheese, avoiding the broccoli.

"Yes, I was sent to get you, but you were not to be a servant. You were to be punished without reason." I drop the small princess fork I'm using as my jaw drops to the floor.

"What!? was going to be their little torture toy?!" He runs his fingers through my long hair.

"I would not word it as such, but in a sense, yes. I would not be able to watch such a thing as you get dim." I look at him strangly.

"Dim? Like, dumb?" I ask, and he shakes his head, a small smile playing his lips.

"Your fire is bright. I refuse to watch it go out," he rephrases, but I'm still confused.

"What do you mean my fire?" My hold on Rex grows tighter, "you mean like I'm fiesty?" I spit out the word with hatred, and he looks taken aback.

"Not at all," he reasures me, "Your spirit is strong, most would have been broken by now."

"That just sounds like a longer version of fiesty," I say, reluctant to admit he could be a good person. He still bought me, he still went along with it just like everyone else did. It doesn't matter if he saved me.

"No. One does not have to be feisty, per say, to have a strong spirit." He explains, and my frame relaxes, although I'm still confused.

"Oh... Thank you for, you know, not letting me die slowly," I say reluctantly, still suspicious of his character.

"I have done no such thing. I only doomed us both, delaying the inevitable. But you are welcome none the less," I nod, putting my fork down.

He chuckles, "you have yet to eat that broccoli, little one."

I huff, picking up my fork.