Chapter 19

A/N First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you. I know it’s been a while since I wrote chapter 18 but I’ve been really busy. The thing is that I live in the southern hemisphere, so the final exams occur in November. So it’s like your May and imagine what you have in May and place it this month. I really really want to get good degrees and until the end of November, I won’t be able to update as much as I used to. And I’m sorry. As I said before, I won’t quit this story! I really like it and I’m not going to disappoint you. So please bear with me! Anyways, here it goes!

 ~Tris POV~

 After the awkward lunch, I head to the dauntless subject room. Thankfully, I manage somehow to avoid Peter’s group so they don’t taunt me before even the fight starts. I still can’t believe they are willing to put me with Peter. He’s one of the best and I’m one of the worst. Maybe Eric is trying to cut the weak ones right away. I sigh at the thought while I walk down the stairs with the girls barely listening to the conversation as I would rather focus on what I have ahead than the clothes they want to wear. I open the door and get inside after letting the girls in. I walk to the punching bag and put some black tape. I need to focus for the fight of tomorrow.

‘First shot right to the throat, and you watch him. He steps before he punches.’ He said to me earlier in the morning.

‘You’re better off using your knees and elbows. You can put more power behind them’. He said to me last week.

I take a deep breath and exhale. ‘I can do this.’ I remind myself and punch the bag repeatedly. Imagining that the bag is Peter is easier than I thought. I would love to win, but a part of me knows that that will definitely not happen.

“First fight! Peter vs Tris!” Eric shouts and we all turn around.

My heart stops. ‘Today? Four told me it was tomorrow. It can’t be.’

I look at Four that was talking to his friends and now turn to Eric. He is shocked too. 

I sigh and walk towards the arena. Peter is already there snickering. I roll my eyes and Four stops me from walking. “What?” I glare.

“Remember what I told you?” He asks and I nod. “Good. Go.” He releases me and I step in the arena.

Peter’s hands are up at his face, his elbows and knees bent, like he’s ready to spring. He smiles at me. “You okay there, Stiff?” he asks. “You look like you’re about to cry. I’ll go easy on you if you cry…maybe after some begging.”

That idea makes me throw up and on the impulse; I kick him on the side. Or I would’ve if he hadn’t caught my foot and yanked it forward, knocking me off balance. My back smacks the floor and with the help of my free foot I manage to stand up.

“Stop playing with her.” Eric snaps. “I don’t have all day.”

His arm twitches and he stabs my jaw then he kicks me on the stomach. My vision goes slightly black, my ears ring and I fall to the floor. I try to put myself on my feet but he is too quick. He pulls me up by the hair and punches my nose. Then he smacks my ear and I fall to the ground again. Something hits my side again and again and I scream for the first time in pain. I can’t see anything at all now but I hear that someone shouts “Enough!” before I blackout. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up, my head is fuzzy. I know that I lost, but right now I need to focus that I don’t black out again.

“Wow, your eye’s already black?” Marlene asks.

“You look… terrible” She says half smiling.

I stare at them and grin. “So do all of you”

“Look who’s talking.” Chris retorts joking “Should I get you an eye patch or something?”

“At least I know what happened to my eye. I was there…sort of”.

“Wow, Tris Prior just made a joke! The world turned upside down.” Chris answers back and we all laugh.

"What happened after?" I ask. "You know, after I passed out."

"Four stopped the fight." Lynn says and I look at her with wide eyes. "He carried you to the infirmary."

"Oh" That's all I say.

"Yea... we were really in shock. No one ever stopped a fight like that. And no one contradicts Eric's orders. He said he didn't care and he left with you. When we got here after class, he wasn't here anymore." Chris tells me and I nod briefly.

'Strange...Should I say thank you?' I think. I sit up.

"You sure you can move?" Mar asks.

"Yea, I'm fine. We should go back".

They help me to stand up and we all walk out.

A/N thanks for you all for reading this and bearing with me. As I have been away for too long, I will have to re-read the story and see how to connect what it's written with my new ideas (as I know how I want the story to continue). I'll try to update as soon as I can. I love you all!

Remember! One vote + one comment = one more chapter!

All rights to V. Roth!

xoxo Cassie