4

Chapter Song: Down Low- Astrid S

My alarm went off sooner than I'd like. With a groan, I forced myself out of bed to search for my slippers. The cold grey wood was so unwelcoming.

I walked towards my closet to decide what to wear before I make coffee. For some reason, I always had to get dressed before I did anything in the mornings unless I had to shower. I would make coffee first and let it cool while I was showering if I needed to.

I decided on my favorite pair of black ripped jeans, an oversized sweater the color of a pumpkin, and I threw on a pair of Vans last minute. It wasn't cold enough for boots yet, but it was a little chilly lately. Chilly enough to make a hot coffee. 

I took the stairs two at a time to brew everyone's morning coffee before putting on my makeup. I knew dad had a late night last night, and Tish didn't have to be at the studio until later this morning, but I decided to make a full pot anyways.

I kept my makeup simple and decided to braid my hair, it looked more like a rope but oh well. I would get more glamorous but some days its just too much work. I kept it simple with mascara some bronzer and highlight. My eyebrows were naturally thick so I just threw brow gel in to keep them from curling every which way.

After I was finished getting ready, I heard Tish upstairs so I decided to see if she needed any help. She put me on snack duty for Livi, and I heard Liam get in the shower. A normal routine for all of us. I would help out if needed, and Liam would be running late. 

For some reason I found myself thinking about Cal and I's conversation in the weight room the other day. Over the past two years, we've had conversations here and there only because the guys would hang out at our house sporadically. He was probably the closest friend I had besides Liam and Riley. 

Last year he started dating a cheerleader named Noelle. Sweet girl but apparently she cheated on him with some senior. I heard it from Riley who heard it from some girls in her dance class. At least that was the rumor, but all Cal had told me was that she cheated.

 I didn't ask who with, it wasn't really my place. If he wanted me to know he would tell me. At least that's what I had to tell myself. He didn't have to tell me at all, but he still did. I appreciated the fact that he felt comfortable telling me, but at the same time, it was a little weird. He never really talked to me about her that much. 

"Liam!" I called downstairs. "Hurry up you're going to be late." Yesterday my dad and I went to pick up my Jeep so I didn't have to rely on him anymore. Which meant we would take turns driving together unless one of us was running late. 

I waited for a response but got nothing. Oh well, not my problem.

______________________________

I was standing at my locker scrolling mindlessly through my Instagram when my locker slammed shut. I jumped back and let my phone slip to the floor in the process. It clattered to the floor but the sound was lost in the shuffling of everyone's shoes.

I crouched down to pick up my phone while I placed a hand on my chest. "Jesus Riley, you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry." She laughed. "So you'll never guess who is my date for the party on Friday!" She squealed clasping her hands together.

"Who's your date?" I paused, "to your party. At your house?" I rolled my eyes. I still found it a little funny she was taking a date to her own party, but I wasn't judging her. 

No matter what, I loved Riley. She always seemed to be able to turn any situation into a good one. Even when her parents were out of town she always said that it gave her more time with us.