01. anatomy part, pt 2

*this chapter has been edited.
i hope you enjoy!*

Since Rick's suggestion for the rest to stop by Pirates of the Pancreas, Rick only stopped actively thinking of ways to get them out in the worst case scenario when Cas left to get some of the dinner from the table in the dining room

Since Rick's suggestion for the rest to stop by Pirates of the Pancreas, Rick only stopped actively thinking of ways to get them out in the worst case scenario when Cas left to get some of the dinner from the table in the dining room. The table was silent when she walked in besides the sound of utensil's scraping against plates and quiet chewing. She could feel the awkward tension as it practically slapped her in the face when she entered. "I just came to grab some for myself and Rick," She said, the awkward tension effecting the tone of her usually chipper words. She grabbed two plates from the end of the table and scooped her own plate with mashed potatoes with loads of the vegetables. Meanwhile for Rick's plate, Beth offered to get the food before she'd hand the plate back to Cas.

"You're Cas, right? Jerry told us you moved in a few months ago?" Leonard, Jerry's father, asked and Cas nodded at him. "Says you work in all that science work with Rick and Morty?"

"He'd be correct! I'm kind of like a sidekick," She joked. "I like to call myself Rick's best friend though," She added with a bright smile and added a bit of salt and pepper to her mashed potatoes. "I'm sorry we couldn't join you guys for dinner, by the way. I'm sure Rick's just hating he had to take Morty away from family time," Cas lied through her teeth perfectly.

"How is everything in the garage now that you bring it up?" Beth asked as she scooped a bit of potatoes for the plate Cas would take back to Rick. Cas got her own plate and wasn't even sure how to tell Beth her only son was trapped inside a decaying man's body, literally.

She just smiled and said, "A little rough but nothing we can't handle!" Before turning on her heel towards the kitchen and out of sight from the table.

While she looked through Rick's section of the fridge for drinks, she heard Joyce speak up at the table, "Is Cas with Rick?" Cas didn't think much of it until Beth asked what she meant, an awkward laugh in her voice. "I see the way she looks at him. They're obviously romantically involved." Beth dropped her fork at that and started denying the claims instantly.

"Um, no, definitely not," Beth tried to speak but was ignored by the three.

"Can you blame him? She's adorable!" Jacob commented and Beth was quick to deny once more.

"If it hasn't happened already, it will soon, I'm betting," Leonard argued back.

"No, no, Cas is simply my Dad's work partner. There's nothing more too it," Beth denied. "Plus, she's younger than me by a couple years. That would be weird for them to hook up," Beth could feel herself shiver in disgust about the idea of Cas and Rick being more than 'co-workers'. She could see Jerry's face shrivel up at the idea too, though that could just be him still effected by the reveal of his parents odd relationship with Jacob. It almost made her realize just what Jerry was feeling but the feeling was fleeting as she shook the thoughts from her head.