33. the childrick of mort

*hi. okay. so i have a plan for this episode. obviously back in november of 2019, little ol' me didn't expect an episode where rick has a whole planet of children with a planet (even though they aren't his at the end). i think i've found a good loophole for it so hopefully that works out. this isn't my best chapter but you know, it's whatever. anyways, enjoy this lovely triple upload cause the next chapter is just so much angst. not edited again oops.*

There were many things Cas hated about the start of her day

There were many things Cas hated about the start of her day. A small bickering with Rick had occurred over something as minuscule as personal space for a brief moment but was partially resolved rather quickly. As much as it was resolved, it still left Cas in a rather grumpy mood for the day. Being wedged halfway on Rick's lap in the back of Jerry's van didn't help her case either. Morty and Summer sat next to them, the two of them sitting comfortably next to the couple who hadn't spoken to each other besides a small glare since they got in the car.

"What kind of parents drag their kids away for the entire week of spring break?" Summer sighed out the blue. "I'm missing Mike Triscuit's drug party. Look at this. He's already watching "Euphoria" to pregame," Summer complained.

"It's okay, Sum. We're all missing things. Like personal space, huh, Rick?" Cas grinned sarcastically. "Fuck off," Rick grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Pregame. Game. Video Game," Morty said dreamily.

"Yes, yes, drugs, video games and personal space. Poor babies," Jerry mocked. "What you need us to level up with a bong rip of nature and you two need to get some relaxing time together. Trust me. This is good for you," Jerry said to Summer and Morty and then to Cas and Rick. The couple both looked at each other with an eyebrow raised and Rick gave an annoyed scoff.

"Can someone just kill me?" Summer groaned. "Ditto," Cas grumbled, trying to situate more in the cramped space.

"Grandpa Rick, you can kill anything!" Summer realized, looking towards Rick.

"No, he can't, Summer. We're roughing it." Jerry interjected, "And that means no sci-fi bullshit or powers from either of you. Isn't that right, Rick and Cas?"

"Whatever," Cas shrugged. "Uh-huh," Rick shrugged as well before his phone vibrated.

Rick pressed the end call again before his phone only began to vibrate once more. Cas rose a brow at him as he pressed end call again, awkwardly glancing at Cas. "Rick, was that a sci-fi call?" Jerry asked carefully, looking back at the two through the rear-view mirror.

"Shut up, Jerry," Rick said nonchalantly before his phone vibrated once more. "Damnit. I didn't think she had this number," Rick swore.