24. the ricklantis mixup

*this is short oof but this a lovely little oneshot for cop rick and a different version of cas (sort of it's not a really a one shot cause it's not really romantic, more so platonic? idk what to call it). anyways, cas is 100% acab much like myself but cop rick is a fan favorite and one of mine. feedback on this one would be greatly appreciated btw, i'm not super sure of this one. so anyways. remember to support black lives matter and acab :)*

Cassiopeia Pines ran through the crowded Citadel, dropping a few things on her way as she pushed through the crowd of Rick's and Morty's

Cassiopeia Pines ran through the crowded Citadel, dropping a few things on her way as she pushed through the crowd of Rick's and Morty's. She saw a few other versions of her self in outfits she wouldn't be caught dead in. She saw the Morty at the podium talking about what he planned to do with the Citadel if he was elected. It made her roll her eyes but not because she didn't like Mortys but because she was tired of the times now. The Citadel had been destroyed and was now crawling out of the grave that C-137 Rick and Cas had left them to rot in. The Citadel was attempting to rebrand it but nothing truly changed. Cas' and Mortys were still being treated horribly because most Ricks had issues letting go of their superiority complex.

"Excuse me," She snapped, pushing past another Rick.

"Hey, watch where you're fucking *burp* going," The Rick snapped back at her, lightly shoving her. The Cas next to him looked at her apologetically before glaring at her own Rick. It was something she saw often. Ricks would snap at someone and their Cas' would defend them or just give a small glare towards their Rick.

Cas knew that like 99% of Ricks had a Morty, only about 20% of the Ricks had a Cas and most of them lived on the Citadel with their Rick. Some Cas' were simply smart enough to not follow their father's wishes and join Rick. Others left after a few adventures or after confessing to Rick. Very few got to actually know their fathers and went along on with him and their Uncle on their expedition. She knew that most Rick and Cas' all had rather healthy relationships, well healthy as a relationship with Rick could be, in which the Cas was able to soften Rick in a way no one expected. Yet, she also knew very select few didn't have a good relationship. Some Rick's were incapable of letting go of their misogynistic and toxic attitudes even for their Cas.

Unfortunately, the Cas we followed now was one of those unlucky ones. Her own Rick was far worse than many of the ones she saw here. In fact, she saw Ricks and Cas' that got married or just lived happy lives here on the Citadel. A few even came from dimensions where Cas could have kids and one of them had children. It always hurt to see people living the life she always craved with her Rick. She was just lucky she got out of it, not all of the unlucky ones did.

"Cassiopeia H-842, you're late," The Rick at the door of her work place said with half his brow raised. He had a clip board in his hand as he crossed something off, "For the 3rd time this week," He burped out and Cas cringed at the scent.