Chapter-16 Drunken words

Important: hello guys! I suggest you all read this chapter if you want to get to know about the mafia world and how things work in Adam's mafia,in the previous chapters I didn't exactly explain things deeply but here it is now enjoy!

~Hurting someone can be easy as throwing a stone in the sea, but do you have any idea how deep can that stone go?~

Lily's pov

Her blond hair was neatly set in curls as she stood there with pride smirking slightly, her green eyes gleamed her aura lurked of rich as she wore a tight fitted dress that seemed to display her curves, dressed in 4-inches high heels. She was too beautiful to be true however a scowl landed on that proclaim face as her eyes landed on mine making me shift uneasily in my seat. She cleared her throat a a bright smile seemed to reveal on her face as she approached us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ivano, Enzo, Adam and-" she trailed referring to me, " lily Adam's lovely fiance." Icarus grinned. At the word fiance her eyebrows raised, her eyes seemed to scan every inch of me it felt as if she was judging me.

"lily nice to meet you, I'm pretty sure I don't need to introduce myself to you as you already know who I am." I mentally rolled my eyes in my head.

I flashed her a sweet smile,She settled herself between her husband her eyes glaring holes at me slightly but she covered it with a smile.

I wonder what I did to make her this snappy.

"So adam I'm quite surprised you got engaged, it was the least thing we expected from you." She started as the servants came filling our plates with various foods. The rich spicy aroma of steak made my stomach grumble it looked heavenly. Adam sat there stiffly leaning back in his chair he replied.

"Well now you know Natyla." Came his firm unpleasant voice. "How old is she even? Sixteen?" My jaw clenched a hint of sarcasm evident in her tone.

Before he could reply I decided to jump in."Actually seventeen turning eighteen in a few months," I assured. A surprising gasp flew out of her mouth.

"I didn't expect you to get engaged to a minor." Her gaze landed on adam mocking him slightly, the muscle in his jaw twitched as he suppressed himself from letting his anger out.

"Age doesn't matter in our world Natyla and you know it." He replied in a cold tone, Icarus sensed the awkward tension as he started. "Please start eating before the food gets cold." Natyla rolled her eyes not before giving me a look she went back to her food.

I instantly moaned as the spicy taste exploded my taste buds."This is magnificent," Enzo nodded in appreciation with a mouthful making Icarus chuckle."I'm glad you like it, it's made by one of my most trusted chef."
"So what did you do about that fùcker Valentino?" Ivano spoke for the very first time in awhile wiping his mouth with the napkin. Icarus grinned devilishly,"Well let's just say his body ended in a ditch."

My eyes grew huge at the sudden explanation. Adam seemed to notice my stiff state as he tightened his grip on my thigh creasing my skin with his palm. Ivano's chuckle echoed through the dinning room,"Good because that's what he deserved or maybe worse." He shrugged.

"So lily introduce yourself." Natyla smirked sipping on her wine and all attention drew towards me."Well there's nothing much to tell , I grew up with my cousin Damien king watching over me he took care of me when my parents passed away. I studied in a normal school just like every teenager with a normal life."

"So you never knew about the life here." I shook my head in a negative no,"I just knew the basics not much until I met Adam." I smiled momentarily my eyes connecting with his and I could've sworn I saw his lips curling up.