Chapter-24 The meeting

~If I fake what you feel, long enough is it real? Am I right?~

Lily's pov

I hastily walked down the stairs groggily rubbing my eyes from the nap only to be greeted by a familiar face yet one unfamiliar face, she seemed to laughing and blushing at something Enzo muttered into her ears. "Ah! Lily about time meet my girlfriend Chiara,"

My eyes widened at the sudden information yet I passed her a small smile, "Oh my god! When were you going to tell me you had a girlfriend!?" I gushed glaring at him.

His fingers skimmed his neck nervously, "I just asked her out like yesterday." Chiara tucked a lock behind her ear before getting up to greet me. "Hi, I'm Chiara I heard so much about you! You're engaged to the don!" I chuckled nodding my head softly.

"Why don't we take this whole 'getting to know girls thing' to dinner? "Enzo air-quoted while Chiara just gaped at him offended, "This 'getting to know girls thing' is really important babe."

"Yeah yeah, you two little girls let's have dinner now I'm starving." He said patting his stomach making me roll my eyes.

I frowned when I saw Mariella and Ivano already seated, my eyes connected with her's only to find her seated on my spot. "This is where I'm supposed to sit." I quipped crossing my arms around my chest, her eyes narrowed before tossing me a sweet smile.

"No, right now you're supposed to sit on Adam's left." I raised my eyebrows, "Oh I'm sorry, Mariella last time I checked I was his fiancé, the Don's fiancé." I could feel eyes on me Enzo and chiara looked slightly uncomfortable while Ivano just watched with a smug smirk on his face.

Heavy Footsteps sounded through the room as Adam made his appearance known, Her expression lit up at the sight of him. I watched as Adam took his usual seat his eyes locked with mine before settling on the chair Mariella was seated on. "Adam, tell her to get up and sit on your left instead." I argued.

Ivano groaned in annoyance,"lily, it's just a stupid chair why are you making a fuss over nothing, you're so dramatic." I clenched my fists still not giving Ivano the attention he craved. My eyes stood locked with Adam in a battle before he teared his gaze away.

"Ivano's right." I gaped in surprise, so now he was taking his brother's side? Who had a huge disliking towards me?

Mariella threw me a sympathetic look before going back to her food. I inhaled sharply pissed, hell no, I was not sitting on his left!

I sat beside Chiara, who softly smiled at me in response I just shrugged cutting the steak. "Brother when do we leave for the meeting?" Adam wiped his face taking a sip from the wine he answered in a gruff tone.

"We leave at eleven." His voice was cold yet firm. Mariella slightly nodded her head making confusion litter inside my mind. "Yes, I think eleven is just the best time, we need to make sure the deal is settled."

"What deal?" All attention snapped towards me,"And why is this deal related to Mariella?" I asked with genuine interest. "You're so clueless dear, Adam what made you even think she's suitable to even sit with us." She bitterly emphasised the word 'us'.

"Mariella watch your tone." Enzo growled, Chiara clamped his hand in her's rubbing circles hoping to calm him down while as Ivano looked lightly annoyed?"I was just stating facts." She replied and shrugged as if his words didn't bother her.

"Now I know why you're his bítch," I smirked eying her wryly before standing up, "look at you Mariella obsessing over a guy who's someone else's fiancé." Her eyes widened slightly at the sudden accusation before they narrowed into malice.