Chapter-30 He's back

~Now suddenly, you're asking if for it back, could you tell me where you'd get the nerve, yeah you can say you miss all that we had but I don't really care how bad it hurts when you broke me first.~

Lily's pov

My heart was beating furiously as I stared back at the man blinking twice, surprise lining inside my eyes. My breath ceased and I was tongue tied. Fate really was messing with my life. It couldn't be him.

No! No! My inner sense screamed inside.

Standing In front of me, was the one and only Adam Benji Domenica, the man who made a fool out of my feelings.

Adam didn't cast his eyes away from mine even for a second, he stood there staring right back into my soul. My chest tightened with an unusual feeling and just like that all those painful and hateful memories came blazing through my mind and heart like a sharp knife.

"It- feels great to see you again." Came his calm voice blinking me out of my stupor. I drew back, straighting my pose and before I could snap back at him, Rosemary trotted inside beating me to it. "Oh, here you are Mr. Domenica I've been looking for you and-" Her gaze switched to mine.

"Wonderful! It looks like you've already met the girls and lily." She clapped her hands passing me a sweet smile that I could barely return.

"Yes, I just couldn't help it." He said, not breaking his intense gaze away from me, I mentally rolled my eyes still not meeting his stare. "Anyways, lily meet Mr.Domenica. He has donated almost fifty percent to the institute, without his help we would still be in crises."

My eyes widened in shock at the huge amount. Could this be a coincidence? Or was he willingly here? Then, suddenly to my utter surprise, Adam swung his palm forward indicating a handshake. Steam was practically coming out my ears, the freaking audacity he had! Shouldn't have made fun of Igor when he had steaming blowing out of his ears.

I wasn't effected at all. I stressed to myself before engulfing my palm in his and instantly drew back as it did.

"Right, and he couldn't come and visit anytime later?" Rosemary gave me a worried look before frowning. "Uh, I apologize Mr. Domenica. Lily, sometimes can be quite sarcastic and Frank."

"Yes, I have knowledge about that." Rosemary looked clueless but nevertheless, she didn't utter a word. "Miss Brien, you didn't answer my question!" Jennifer's small fingers tugged on my dress in a fist gaining my attention.

"Sorry sweetie, and no if anything this man is a ruthless devil in disguise. Oh, and did I fail to mention a heartbreaker as well?" I answered with a bitter smile quipped on my features. Rosemary had her eyes wide at the sudden blunt explanation and I didn't bother mirroring adam's expression.

What would you do if the person you despised the most was standing right in front of you, pretending as if everything was fine between you and them.

"Have you guys already met?" Rosemary asked eyeing me suspiciously.
"Yes."

"No!"

Adam and I both blurted out in unison before I finally looked up tossing him a glare full of annoyance. As our eyes met, his softened but mine stayed at the same. "I thought I wouldn't see you again." He admitted in a dazed tone.

"Sorry sir, have we met? I can't recall ever meeting you." I stated back in a professional tone mustering a quizzical look on my face as real as I could. Adam pressed his lips in a thin grim line with an emotion flashing through his irises.

Hurt?

But I couldn't care less.

Dismissing him in a flick, I turned towards rosemary seeking her permission. "I would like to take my leave now, I have to be somewhere." Rosemary tossed me a confused look before nodding hesitantly, I bolted out of the room releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding.