Chapter-27 The bitter reality

~Shouldn't love you but I couldn't help it, had a feeling that you never felt it.~

Lily's pov

"Lily wake up." Eli's hand softly shook my shoulder. "It's almost twelve in the afternoon." Not caring about the time I roll away from her peeking my eyelids open slowly.

"Come on, get up you need to eat." She demanded in a firm voice before stepping away from me. Painful memories of yesterday pricked my mind, it all felt very unreal, like a nightmare but all these memories will be no more, none of them will have any meaning for me they didn't, not anymore.

"Did you call Zayn?" I asked groggily sourly rubbing my eyes, since my phone had died I couldn't contact him through it. "Lily, you know you can stay here as long as you like." I shook my head negatively. "You know Eli, I can't. At least not here." Sensing the thick emotion coating my voice, she nodded in realization her eyes holding sympathy for me.

"I wish I could just beat the shït out of him but unfortunately I can't you know he's my don and in control of us, he can ruin my family and my little siblings with the snap of his finger." My mouth parted slightly with a painful smile breaking upon my lips.

"Eli, you don't have to, trust me I'll be just fine beating him or giving him a piece of your mind will do nothing. A heartbreaker always a heartbreaker." I stated, hissing at the last word.

"It happens with the best of us, you're a sweetheart imagine someone loosing you." I chuckled at her words thanking her before she passes me a cup of coffee rolling out a cigarette and lighting it up with her lighter. "Coffee and cigarettes." She moans out in delight.

"Can I have one?" She tosses me a surprise look before hesitantly passing me another cigarette from the packet. "Are you sure?" I nod before grabbing the cigarette and lighting it up, taking a puff before sipping on the coffee.

It really did taste good.

"What did you tell Zayn?" I asked dragging out a puff from my mouth, "I told him that you needed him more than anything and that you broke the engagement with Adam, he sounded so worried." I heavy out a sigh, shaking my head nervously since I had no brother and no one of my own blood Zayn, Damien and Xavier always treated me as their own sister, they were always so protective of me.

Suddenly, the door to Eli's room barged open as her mother made her presence known."Good morning girls, we have a special guest. Eli," She hisses cursing in Italian urging her to step forward, Eli gives me a pointed look before her mom steps away making zayn's vision appear. He stood there, looking sharp and ruthless as ever with three bodyguards trailing behind him all dressed in black suits with rifles clasped in their palms. However his eyes soften when they landed on mine.

"I'll leave you guys to it, Mr.Malik." her mom addresses in a thick Italian accent waiting for zayn's response, he nods stiffly and she finally walks away leaving us all to ourselves. Before he could open his mouth to speak I jump on him tackling him in a hug, within an instant his hands wrap around my back. "What did he do?" He asked with a thick angry voice.

"He broke me zayn ever so slowly, you were right about love." I admitted breaking into tears shaking slightly. He tightens the muscle in his jaw clenching it. "I hate him so much!" I snapped anger spiraling inside my chest wiping the tears away in frustration.

"I just want to go away from him, away from everything that reminds me off him, it's so frustrating." He nodded in response clenching his fits as if restraining himself from doing anything crazy. "You're coming to Madrid with me, I won't even let his shadow lay upon you." He gritted his teeth before his mouth breaks into a sly leer.