Dragons!

The island of Berk wasn't always this peaceful. Before Hiccup trained Toothless, everyone was trying to kill the dragons.

Well, everyone except for me. I lost my parents in one of the dragon attacks, but I just couldn't bring myself to kill a dragon.

'They are just misunderstood creatures.' My dad would say. My mom always agreed with him. 'Remember this, (Y/N), they are just as afraid of us as we are of them.'

Those words would always go through my mind whenever dragons attacked. Then, that faithful night, my parents were taken away from me. Not by a dragon, but by accident with one of the catapults.

I always look back on the good times I had with my parents and smile for everyone in the village, but Hiccup knew better every time.

"(Y/N), are you alright?"

I turn to see Hiccup behind me with concern in his eyes. I look down, "You know me too well, Hiccup." I start to walk away when he grabs ahold of my arm.

"(Y/N), you can't keep hiding from everyone. It's not good for you or anyone else." His eyes scanned my face as he spoke softly.

"I know." I say without looking at him. He opens his mouth to speak again, until Astrid called out to him.

"Hiccup, Gobber is looking for you. Says you're late for work."

Hiccup nods to her, then turns back to me, "(Y/N), listen--"

"You should go Hiccup. You're late for work. Gobber will get upset if you keep him waiting."

I pull my arm out of his grip and walk back home, feeling really tired from talking to Hiccup.

---

The walk home, wasn't as long as it felt, but carrying a big basket of fish on my back and another basket with other food in my arms made it feel like a long walk. As I open the door, I get a lick to the face and giggle.

"Hey Luna. Sorry it took me so long." I say to the Night Fury that stood in front of me. I know what you're thinking. You thought Toothless was the only one, but I found Luna one night with a hurt leg before Hiccup shot down Toothless. No one ever knew about her. They still don't. Not even Hiccup and Toothless.

I set the baskets down and pet her head softly, "One of these days, you're gonna get the chance to meet Hiccup and Toothless. I promise."

She croons at me and lays her head on my shoulder, letting me hug her neck, something that always made me feel better than ever.