How You Really Feel

Walking back to where everyone was waiting for me, I get the most deadliest glares I've ever seen from Astrid, "So, you're helping them?! You traitor!"

She goes to attack, but Stoic stops her, "Enough! Let (Y/N) explain."

Stoic nods at me, and I nod back in thanks. Looking at everyone, I take a deep breath, "Dagur thinks I want to help because of a small incident involving someone that I care for." I say this while glancing at Hiccup, "But I'm only acting like I am. I've been hiding dragons from him as best as I can and now, he's gonna get what's coming to him."

I start walking up the hill and Luna follows close behind me, "What do we do?"

I look at Snotlout and sigh, "Follow me of course."

Everyone starts following me and stays quiet.

---

After about an hour of walking, we reach a cave that I had the dragons of this island hide in, "Okay, guys. Don't make any sudden moves or the Triple Stryke will attack you."

Everyone goes wide eyed, "Whoa, wait a minute. What is a Triple Stryke and why would it attack us?" Snotlout blurted out.

Before I could speak, the Triple Stryke came running out. I step in front of him to calm him down, "Shhh. It's okay, Striker. Calm down boy."

Everyone just stood there, staring at what was happening. After a few seconds, he finally calmed down and let me pet him, "Wow. He's amazing."

I turn my head to see Hiccup walking closer to examine Striker. Striker started to tense up, but I keep petting him, "It's okay, Striker. He's just examining you." I hold out my hand to Hiccup and he takes it slowly. Pulling him softly, I put his hand on Strikers' forehead and keep petting him, "See? Nothing to be afraid of."

Striker croons a bit and nuzzles into Hiccups' hand a bit. I finally let go of his hand and back up a bit, "He's amazing, (Y/N). Where did you find him?"

I look down and sigh, "In a dragon hunters trap not far from here. I got rid of all the traps I could find, but I'm afraid there's still some out there."

Hiccup nods and looks at the others, "Alright, while (Y/N) works out her plan, we'll go find the rest of the traps, but be careful. We don't know how many hunters are here."

Everyone nodded and took off. I look at Striker and pet him again, "You ready boy?"

He nods and starts wiggling a little. Hiccup turns to me with sorrow in his eyes, "(Y/N), are you--"

"I'm fine, Hiccup. You should go."

I start to walk off with Striker when Hiccup grabs my hand, "(Y/N), talk to me. What's wrong?"

Clenching my jaw, I resist the urge to punch him, "You should know what's wrong, Hiccup. After all, you broke my heart."

I try to pull away from him, but he pulls me into him and does the one thing I didn't expect. He kissed me. It took me a second to kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck. After what seemed like forever, we finally pull away from each other and look into each other's eyes, "(Y/N), I love you. Why can't you see that?"

My heart skipped a beat and I felt like I was gonna cry, "Y-you do?"

He leans his forehead against mine and holds me close to him by my waist, "Of course I do, (Y/N). I always have. What happened with Astrid wasn't my doing. I swear to you."

I lay my head on his shoulder and smile softly, "I love you too, Hiccup."