-7-

Kokichi's POV
I was so content being in Saihara-Chan's arms. The words he said caused my heart to skip a beat. Perfect? He thinks I'm perfect?... if I'm perfect then he must be a god.

I know we were talking about going to the cafeteria, but I don't want to leave his arms. The way his hands on my shoulders makes me shudder. And the blush he can bring to my cheeks by saying one simple word. This boy is unreal...

Saihara's POV
I love being like this with Kokichi. It's so cute how he clings onto me like a clingy puppy. So adorable...

"Kokichi... we should probably go..." I whispered trying to get up only to get stopped.

"No I don't want to!" He said before holding me tighter and putting his head into my chest. I blushed at the sudden contact and at his words. He is so childish and although I don't want to admit it... it's actually really adorable. I put my hands on his back noting the small content sigh that left his lips when I did so.

"Kokichi, we need to go..." I'm not even sure if anyone will notice we are not there, but seeing how thin Kokichi is and keeping in mind he tried to kill himself... I should probably make sure he gets enough nutrition. Because I want him to be able to see that I want him here and I want him to want to be here... with me..

He mumbled something into my shirt before slowly getting off of me. I could hear the groan leave his lips, probably from the loss of contact. Before he fully got off me, he looked at me annoyed with a childish pout on his face. I sighed and got up after him and put my jacket back on.

"Hey Kokichi... did you um... eat anything yesterday." I asked timidly worried he would be offended... I want to make sure he's alright but I don't want to seem like I'm babying him. Because I know more than anything he likes to do things on his own... that's why I'm so grateful he trusts me enough to be able to support him through this.

"I would say yes, but if you wanted the honest answer... I can't really remember the last time I had something other than panta to keep me awake..." He said still looking away from me. I walked over with a frown. I'm glad he is finally telling me the truth.. but It pains me to see how much pain he has caused himself because of how other people have made him feel. The way people have treated him.... I... never want to leave his side. To be able to keep him safe...

Because even if he sees it or not I love him so much that, whenever he is gone for a second I remember how much I love him. Kokichi, whenever you're gone I feel more lonely than I have ever felt before in my life.

"Hey Kokichi, I'm going to help you ok... but you have to put some effort in trying to get better alright..." I put my hands on his shoulders he immediately leaned into my hands. It seemed to put him at ease which is exactly what I was going for. He didn't say anything so I said something to fill the silence.

"So... I'm going to make sure you get some good food in your stomach... I have heard that when you don't eat your whole body goes in a funk... it might even help your night mares... but I'm not certain." I asked feeling awkward from him not reacting at all.

He turned around and looked me in the eyes before putting his face into my chest causing my face to start getting hot.

"Saihara-Chan you make me feel so happy. You care so much about me... I don't even know what to say... other than... t-thank you Saihara-Chan." He said into my chest. I could feel his face get hotter.

He must be telling the truth then.

"Of course Kokichi." I said before grabbing his shoulders again to make him look at me.

"We really should go to lunch though..." I said with a concerned look. He looked scared for only a second before his expression softened.

"Ok." He said with a nod walking over to the door. Pulling the door open I grabbed his hand and we headed over to the cafeteria.

When we walked in Kaito immediately rushed over to me. Startled by the sudden approach I jumped back a bit.

"Shuichi I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for the way I reacted earlier." Kaito said looking down as Maki walked over from the table to his side keeping her glare on Kokichi the whole time.

"It's alright. I can see why you did it though..." I said the last part under my breath. I looked up and saw a smile on his face.

"Thank you sidekick! Want to get some food?" He said gesturing to the table he and Maki were sitting at.

"Sure." He walked over to the table before I looked at Kokichi who to most would look like he was fine, but I could tell he was nervous about eating because of the way he held my hand so tightly.. I leaned down to whisper to him.

"Kokichi? Do you want to eat over there or would you be more comfortable a it was just us?" I asked concerned immediately studying his expression afterwards.

"Well if you want to sit by the others then we can." He said looking fully serious.

"Kokichi... that's not what I asked." I said with a sigh moving my other hand to his hand. I was standing in front of him holding both of his hands waiting for his answer.

"I don't want to make you have to not be with your friends... but..." he looked down and I grabbed his chin to see his face. He looked like he was about to cry...

"I would be comfortable with eating with you and only you... it's not because I hate your friends... I just... have never liked eating in front of other people.." he said a blush coming to his cheeks. I kissed him on the forehead before planting one brief kiss on his lips. He gave me a smile and it looked genuine and it caused me to smile too.

"That's ok Kokichi.. I understand this must be hard for you and I want to be with you every step of the way." I said pulling him into a hug before taking him over to another table.

I got some rice, vegetables, and some meat for a well balanced meal for both me and Kokichi. I got some extra for Kokichi seeing as he hasn't had a real meal in a while...  He smiled when I sit next to him.

"Thank you Saihara-Chan... for all of this..." he said leaning his head on my arm. Causing me to lean my head on the top of his.

"Make sure you try and eat as much as you can alright." I said giving him a encouraging nudge. His hand shakily moved to grab the fork before he put some food in his mouth. His eyes widened for a second before he started eating the food faster showing me how hungry he really was. I smiled to myself.

I'm glad to see that your eating Kokichi

I want to make sure you feel alright

"Kokichi?" I asked looking down at him with a proud smile.

"Yeah Saihara-Chan?" He asked looking confused.

"I'm glad your eating again." He blushed after the words came out of my mouth and it caused me to blush seeing how cute he was when he was so flustered he is lost for words.

He gave me a small smile before going back to devouring his food.

-Here is the next part I hope you enjoy where this is going cause I enjoy writing it! Thanks for reading!! UwU-

-ShuichiOuma010-