3. The Almost Lonely Holiday

Over the next several weeks, Ivy and I were closer than ever. It was like she was sent to me in my time of need, along with Michael. Although I was slowly falling for Michael, I was still iffy about him, I mean, I've only known him for like a month and I've only seen him outside of school once. Ivy comes to my house a lot, because I get bored without Seth being around. Sometimes I have these oddly real dreams that Michael sneaks into my room and watches me. I have a feeling he actually does do that.

Since it was Thanksgiving break, Ivy decided to come spend the holiday with me, because my brother was going to Eve's family gathering; I still hadn't met her yet. It was Wednesday night, so Ivy would be arriving soon, what I wasn't expecting was for Michael to want to come along. She had texted me a few hours ago.

Ivy :P: Hey, is it ok if I bring Mikey????

Me: Um, ok, but I'm making you guys dinner :)

Ivy :P: Awesome, see ya soon

This was going to be extremely awkward. I wasn't even sure if I would be ok with Michael being in the same house though.

Before they were to arrive, I decided to prepare some type of feast; I'd learned to cook when I was twelve, because my mom...just stopped. While I was cooking, I had my music up loud and it helped me just...get in the zone. I honestly kind of enjoyed cooking. As I was setting the last bowl down, Ivy and Michael were walking in. Ivy's eyes widened, "I thought you said dinner, not a big ass feast!"

I laughed, "It's no big deal. It's nice to have a hot home cooked meal sometimes. I made a ham, some stuffing, corn, and green beans. Oh, and mashed potatoes."

She nodded as she sat her duffel bag down and walked into the living room making herself at home, Michael had his bag on his shoulder and he was staring at me. I smiled him and he smirked, placing his bag next to Ivy's bag, then he casually walked to where I was standing, bumping my shoulder with his in the process.

Before I could react, he was talking, "So, I was thinking, we should spend more time together." Oh?

I sighed, "Um...I'll have to think about it." Sorry, I'm kind of iffy about you right now.

He placed his arm around me and leaned in close, whispering into my ear, his breath sending shivers down my spine, "It's ok, baby. Take all the time you need." He's calling me baby, and I liked it; usually I'm not a fan of pet names.

I felt myself slightly leaning towards him, but I stopped myself and moved away, "Um...W-We should eat dinner now." I just knew I wouldn't be able to handle being in the same house as him.

Ivy wondered back into the dining room, taking a seat at the table and said, "I'm in love with your couch. It's mine tonight."

As we ate dinner, I could feel Michael's eyes burning into me, and not even a second after I glanced at him, my phone was buzzing.