6. Apologies, Christmas Shopping, And Creepers In The Dark

I felt a ticklish sensation in my sleep, it kept hitting my forehead every few seconds. I also felt extra warm. I was trying to stay asleep as long as possible, I was incredibly comfortable. Then I felt my body being squeezed, almost as if I was being cuddled close to another body.

I wrapped my arms around what felt like a body. It was definitely Michael. I sighed in my sleep, then I opened my eyes just in time for his lips to hit my forehead again. I lay there doing nothing or at least thinking about what I should do. I'm not sure how long we were laying like this, but in his raspy sounding voice, he said, "I'm sorry, I don't even remember what we were fighting about." It wasn't that long ago.

I shrugged as I reluctantly pulled away from him, "Well, it was ridiculous. All I said was that I wouldn't be home next weekend and you flipped. We can't be together every moment."

He pulled me back against him saying, "You can if we run away and disappear together. Then we could be together every moment of everyday. I'm so in love with you." What?!?!?

He scares me more than he should sometimes.

I was literally speechless; he loves me. I just don't get it. I thought I was unlovable.

I'm torn from my thoughts as soon as I feel a hand land on my chest  and squeeze. I yelp, swatting it away, "Hey!"

I pull back from Michael, looking at him in astonishment and he sheepishly smiles and says, "I told you I was gonna get you back for the titty pinch." I totally forgot about that. I have a feeling he chose now to get me back, just so he could distract me.

I shook my head and said, "What are you doing this weekend?" I had to ask at some point.

I felt him tense up a little bit, "I've just got business to take care of." Business. Oh please.

I don't say anything more, because I wouldn't want him mad at me again. I decide to stop talking, because he'll tell me if he wants to.

As we lay in my bed, he takes my hand and traces the lines on my palm. I look up into his eyes and it's like I can tell what he's thinking. He's thinking those immoral thoughts. I can tell, because he gets this twinkle in his eyes, because he's passionate.

I lay my head against his chest as he sighs and says, "You are beautiful." That's not random.

I scrunch up my face at his words, "Don't say that."

"Why?" He asked; I can feel his eyes on me.

I shrug, "Because, I'm not beautiful."

He caresses my arm, "Yes you are. You're everything I want. I want to keep you...forever."

My face heats up, "I love that you seem to understand me. My problem, is that, I don't understand you."

---

We ended up falling asleep before the sun came up, but when I woke up, he wasn't there. Of course, he wouldn't be around when I woke up; he almost never is.

I decided to spend my doing much of nothing and running errands. I checked the fridge and the freezer, then I made a grocery list. There's only about two weeks until Christmas now. I also decided to do a little Christmas shopping; I only have to buy for like four people.

I dressed comfortably in leggings, a long shirt, and a big comfy sweater, then I slipped my favorite pillow-like boots on.

Once I was ready, I grabbed my purse and keys, then I was out the door in no time.

There was no traffic, so I found a parking spot in a half empty parking lot. It would be simple, because I could walk from here and go to the stores I needed to without having to get in my car and drive everywhere.

I walked to Wal-mart first and got the groceries I needed to get, so I could get it over with.

Walking through the aisles, I saw a few people from school; I obviously ignored them. I pretended like I didn't see them as maneuvered my around, but as usual, someone always stops me from going any further. I just didn't know expect this person. Ivy.

I didn't recognize her at first, because her hair was completely different; it was shorter and she dyed it a really pretty purplish blue. She smiled, "Hey Claire. I'm sorry I haven't been around."

I smiled as she hugged me, so I said, "It's alright. I'm glad to see you again. How are you?"

She shrugged, "I'm ok. I was just feeling a certain way, and I didn't want to burden you."

I pulled back, "You're my friend, I could never think you were a burden."

She sighed, "Well, then I'm glad we're friends, Claire."

I nod, "Me too. I love your hair by the way."

She giggled, "Thanks. I got tired of having white hair."

She walked through the store with me as I got what I needed, we chatted, or gossiped as most girls do. She left right before I went to check out. I felt that something wasn't right. There was something really wrong with everything that had happened these last few days.

As I walked to the my car to put the groceries away, I felt like my mind was on overdrive. My thoughts were a swirling mess; I'd been thinking way too much lately.

Once I locked my car back up, I headed straight for the mall.

There actually wasn't a whole lot of people at the mall on this fine, tiring evening; it was getting darker and darker.

As I raided the stores, I got my brother some socks, shirts, sweatpants, body spray, pickles, salt, and a gift card for Starbucks. As for Eve, I got her a basket full of lotions, body wash, ChapStick, loofas, and shampoo and conditioner, then I got her some slippers.  For Ivy, I got many different colors of hair dye, pickles, a few scarves, and a little bit of jewelry. For Michael, I got some jewelry for his piercings, beanies, a few CDs of his favorite bands, and I'm getting him donuts that I'm going to buy later.

As I was walking back to my car, it was really dark out, so I had to move a little faster. My car was about five feet away, and it was the only car in the middle of the parking lot. As I got closer, I felt uneasy. Something was going to happen. Something bad. I just didn't know what. I had many bags and it felt like someone was watching me.

Reaching my car, I quickly unlocked it and put the bags into the back of my car. After I put the last bag in I shut the door and spin around as I feel a presence behind me.

A slightly older man; well into his twenties, and he was staring at me with this hunger in his eyes. Trying to be fearless, I say, "Can I help you?"

He smirks, but it looks disgusting, "Yes, pretty. I think you can."

I shake my head, "I'll scream."

He laughs sarcastically, as he pulls a pocket knife out and says, "I'm sure you wouldn't wanna make that mistake."

"Please," I whimper. "Don't do this."

He giggles, "Oh, she's begging." His face changes, "I like when they beg."

He moves closer, and I have nowhere to escape. I feel defenseless.

The man smells awful as he nears me. I close my eyes, squeezing them shut as his face nears mine. The tears begin to well up and I hold my breath. I'm clutching my keys so tightly it's digging into my palm.

Then, he suddenly grunts and I feel him drop against me. I open my eyes and gasp in relief as I look up.