The One With The Story

These last few days were a real mess. Klaus was away a lot and I was alone in the big house not having a clue about what's going on with him, or the coffins that the Salvatore brothers stole.
They made Klaus move his hybrids away from this town and asked us to leave as well...but he couldn't leave Elena behind. He was obssesed with making hybrids..

''Klaus!'' I yelled ''Why are you not telling me what's going on?'' I walked after him in a big room.

''They are here...'' he said showing me the coffins. I looked around. 4 coffins were in front of me.
''One is missing.'' I say looking around. It was Esther's that was missing and that scared me the most.
''You've got your family back. Finally. You're gonna open them?'' I heard a young boy say, probably one of Nik's hybrids.
'' Not quite yet. I still have some unfinished business to take care of.'' Nik said and I froze looking at my brother in law.
''Elijah!'' I said as I watched him ripping the hybrid's heart from his chest. He smirked and then wiped his hands from blood.
''The two of you look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?'' he said walking closer to us.
''You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?'' Nik said but Elijah attacked him and he flied to other room.
''Oh good lord.'' I rolled my eyes, of course this was expected but I just knew that Elijah would forgive him soon.
''Easy! I just finished renovating!''said Klaus as he opened another coffin and took a dagger that was inside of his other sibling.
''Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!'' he said as he rushed Elijah to the wall.
''Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with.' Elijah challenged
I rolled my eyes as I walked up to them ''Enough! Mikael is dead Elijah.'' I said.
''What did you say?'' he turned his head towards me.
''I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone Elijah. Forever.'' I said as I stood in between of two brothers.
''Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century.' Elijah asked , but this time his question was addressed towards Klaus.
''Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me.'' Klaus said as he daggered Kol again.
He is going to tell him about Esther's death. About that fatal night 1000 years ago.
''What are you doing?'' Elijah asked and Klaus turned to him''Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again.''

--------------------------

''I can't believe that Elijah decided to invite them to a dinner.'' Klaus said walking around. 
''Maybe this is good, you know...Maybe we can get some sort of a deal'' I walked after him, trying to comfort him. 

''Niklaus,Althea our guests have arrived.'' I heard a gentle voice behind me.
''Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?''I cleared my throat ''And woman.'' Klaus corrected himself.

''I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out.''the younger Salvatore spoke and I rolled my eyes walking up to him ''Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours.'' I grunted annoyed.
I was done playing nice. 

All this time I was standing next to Niklaus pretending to be his lovely, soft wife.

We sat at the table eating, everyone except Stefan.
''You lost your appetite.'' Niklaus stated looking towards Stefan.
''Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home.'' Damon budged his brother who looked even more annoyed than I was, but despite that he started eating.
''That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?'' Klaus clapped his hands and I took a sip of my wine.
''Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier.'' Damon smirked.
''Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through.'' Klaus said ''We are a family.At the end we always reconcile.'' I said.
''Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her.''Stefan spoke looking at me. 
''If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed her mother, I've already come clean to Elijah.'' I said taking Klaus' hand.
'' Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert.'' Damon joked and Stefan rolled his eyes ''We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses.'' he grunted.
''Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?'' Elijah changed the subject.
'' I don't know. Ask Damon.'' Stefan said, annoyed.
''I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise.'' Klaus smirked leaning back on the chair.
''One more word about Elena and this dinner's over.'' Stefan grunted and I laughed loudly. 
''Okay...Niklaus, behave.'' I scolded playful, Klaus looked at me and then put his finger to his lips as a promise not to speak about that anymore.
''You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile.'' Damon proposed and Klaus agreed ''You're probably right.''
''It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?'' Klaus kept talking.

Once he said that, my heart sunk. I hate talking about my sister, and I hate that he loved her before he loved me.
''No!'' I said quickly.
'' Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?'' Elijah agreed with me.
''Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line.'' Klaus didn't stop even when i squeezed his hand.
''Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell.'' Damon turned his attention towards Elijah.
''When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus.'' Elijah told.
''I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much.'' Klaus looked at Elijah.
'' Wait a minute. So you both loved the same girl?'' Stefan asked, confused.
''Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. In that time Niklaus and I...grew estranged. Harsh words were traded, we even came to blows, didn't we, brother?'' Elijah finished the story. 

''But in the end we realized the sacred bond of family.' Klaus said raising his glass. ''Family above all.''

''How do you fit in?'' older Salvatore turned his attention to me.
''We married 1000 years ago, in that time your parents decided who would you marry.'' I said.
''But now, 1000 years passed. Why did you stay with him?'' he asked again.
''Because, he is the only person I have. I love him. He is my husband.'' I took his hand, and he kissed the back of it.
''And you didn't care that when you married he loved another women?'' he looked at me.
''No...Because I loved her too.'' I said quietly.
''What?'' Stefan turned his attention towards me.
''My real name is Althea Petrova Mikaelson...Tatia was my sister.''