¶COMPLICATED¶

COMPLICATED

~CHAPTER FIVE

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

She immediately wiped her tears and inhaled a large sum of air

The phone went off but soon started buzzing again. The caller seemed very anxious. Nandini peeked at a view and the id showed the name "Mom".

Alia picked up the phone and Nandini remained there holding her hand tightly. Alia greeted her mother in a very lively voice.

Nandini gave a sad smile.

Girls are such good actors. How often they hide and cry their eyes out in one corner and then move around with a smile as if nothing
had happened. Such effortless actors are present all over the world and they genuinely deserve an Oscar for their patience. Only if we treat everyone like we want to be treated ourselves. Only if we are careful in our words and actions this world would have been a better place. She was cursing Manik in her mind. He could have been nicer. He could talk to her politely.He would have taken care of..who she does..

"Hey, mom what's up?" Alia chirped

"Where the hell were you? I was calling like..." Someone from the other side yelled.

"...mm ...Sorry, I was with Manik mom.....you know in a cheesy situation. I just stepped out to attend your call." Alia exclaimed in a happy voice

"Oh sorry for ruining your moment honey but how is he?" her mom giggled from another side.

"He is a fine mom......just resting." Alia sighed

"Good you better keep up that effort honey. Young Malhotra is a fine catch."

"Yeah, sure mom." Alia brushed her fingers in her hair

"Ok honey see you and don't worry about coming home early I already told your father that you are at your Aunt's house helping your cousin sis in a project.", Alia's eyes widened at this

".....but mom it's 11 pm already. I am exhausted and I want to come home." Alia bit her lip in an attempt to hold her tears.

"Oh is that new you are always tired......" her mom said in a sarcastic tone

"Mommy please don't do this to me..." Tears escaped from Alia's eyes.
"No is not an option Alia" mom growled "don't you know our financial condition you need to do this for us. I have your other siblings to take care of as well."