Six

North yelled with laughter as he popped out of one chimney and into another across the street. Bunny's answering chuckles echoed after as he slid down the roof opposite pursued by the flailing form of Jack as he flew through the air. Tooth was buzzing around like a bee on a sugar high.

"There one two blocks over, one over there, there! There! They're everywhere!" She squealed before flying straight into a sign. Dia stifled his giggles behind his hand. He was resting on a window ledge, legs kicking over the four story drop beneath him.

"You okay?" Jack asked. He was leaning on a chimney that North had just disappeared down, legs crossed and staff resting comfortably across his shoulders. He made no effort to hide his amused chuckles.

"Yeah", Tooth grinned as she rubbed her nose. "It's just been a while since I've been out on the field".

"How long?" Jack asked.

"Oh 440 years give or take", Tooth shrugged. "Oh! There's one over there!" She disappeared quickly, thoughts gone as her attention was captured by teeth.

Dia winced at her parting comment. He hurriedly turned away but Jack caught his falter in expression. "You okay?" He frowned as Dia dropped off the ledge and floated on a stray air current.

"Yeah", Dia replied with a small smile. He took interest in the nearest building. Judging by the architecture, they were in a city in China, way out of Dia's comfort zone. He was barely known here. Jack frown deepened at the obvious brush off.

"It's just..." Dia said slowly. "My teeth were the last Tooth collected". Jack's eyes widened at the new information. He paused, thinking of what to say, how to respond.

"Tired snow man?" Bunny's jeering voice called from a few rooftops away. He was stood on the tiles of a traditional styled building, cocking his bag of teeth in a challenging manner. Jack bristled. "Oh you wish floppy ears".

Dia watched as the white haired boy was swept up by a gust of wind and blown away after the cheering bunny. He twirled one of his scarves hanging from his waist around his hand nervously. The smooth silk of the yellow and purple cloth calmed him somewhat and Dia took a few steps forward towards where he could hear the others laughing. He took another.

"Oh you guys are amazing!" Tooth gushed as everyone held out their bags of teeth. North had the most, with Bunny and Sandy coming in close second. Jack and Dia tied last with significantly smaller bags. They two teen boys shared a grin.

"You guys collect teeth and leave presents faster than my fairies". Everyone's faces faltered and tooth paused. "Wait, you have been leaving gifts haven't you?"

Dia smirked and crossed his arms at the other guardians. "Come on, did no one seriously leave gifts?"

"Shut up you little wax boy", Bunny growled. He sighed and turned around hopped into a hole as North and Sandy trudged back to finish the job.

Jack laughed and smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head as he turned to Dia. He gave the dark haired boy a hopeful expression, widening his blue eyes. Dia raised an eyebrow. "Really frost?"

Jack paused, grinning slightly. "Um yeah?"

"Shameless", Dia scoffed. He hopped onto the edge of the roof with a skip and peered out into the night. He turned and held out a hand towards where Jack was pouting. "Come on then Frost. Let's go and give gifts". Jack's face lit up in a wide grin and he jumped to forwards to grab the offered palm.

"I knew you'd help me".

Dia didn't flinch at the ice cold touch, instead he gripped the hand tighter and pulled the other up on to the edge with him. "Your touch is so warm", Jack muttered, one thumb stroking the back of Dia's hand. Dia shrugged, trying not to blush.

"I burn hotter than most people. But I won't melt you, don't worry".

He didn't hear the small words of "should I be worried?" Muttered under Jack's breath.

"What? Did you say something?"

"Oh no, it was nothing. Let's go and get some coins".

"I'm already prepared", Dia grinned and held out his other hand. Jack blinked at the golden metal shining on his palm. "Did you know that when people died they would put coins over their eyes to pay the ferryman. Well the ferryman left them to me".

"That's amazing", Jack sounded impressed. "Come on then. Let's have some fun". With that, he pulled the curly haired boy over the edge of the roof and into the night air.

Unedited