10 - Happily ever after [ final ]

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

||

- "Boo!" - Yeonjun shoots out from the door.

Yeji yelped like a kid as she clenches onto her chest - "You scared me~"

- "Sorry" - he crackled but pulls her in his arms.

- "Get a room" - Soobin scowled up behind them.

- "Let's sit?" - she nods vigorously.

- "Oh, right. My dad's coming over for lunch and he wants you to join us!"

Yeonjun froze at a second - "Y-your dad?"

- "Yea. Don't worry. He's going to jail next week so he wants to inspect things before he leaves"

- "W-why is he going to jail?"

- "He's a mafia, Yeonjun. He comes in and out of jail like it's a resthouse or something" - she casually shrugged.

She must've gotten used to it, thought Yeonjun. - "O-kay. I — I'll be there"

- "Good. And don't stutter like that in front of my dad. He'll want to throw a gun at your head. It's a mafia thing"

"That sounds convincing"

- "Don't be scared. Hyunjin will be there and I'll stick with you in case my dad draws a line" - she giggles. Yeonjun didn't understand why.

-•-

Her dad didn't draw a line, like at all. But that's much worse because her dad was very hospitable which makes it strange, regarding him as a mafia too. Yeji psst Yeonjun when the boys seem out of it.

- "What's wrong. You okay?"

- "Uh? Yea. I mean, your dad is nice"

- "I know, right? Too nice. It's freaking me out" - at least she thought so too.

- "Lovebirds, aren't you guys eating?" - exclaimed Hyunjin.

Yeji scowls at him - "That's too cheesy"

- "Cheesy? Ha! I'm a man of many charms, Yeji"

- "Yea, whatever" - she rolls her eyes.

Hyunjin distract his attention from her to his dad - "Dad, I want a dog"

Yeji crackled - "Dog? Ya. You can't even take care of yourself. Why'd you want a dog?"

- "Why not? My friends have pets, and I want a puppy"

- "You'll get a dog, a trained one but not a puppy" - says Mr. Hwang.

Yeonjun watch the family argue over a puppy or a grown dog. Mr. Hwang says no puppy, Hyunjin wants a puppy and Yeji wants a cat.  "Maybe, they're not so different from any other normal family."
The thought seemed to linger in his mind as he gets comfortable.

-•-

The moment Yeonjun stepped inside, Beomgyu flew over. - "How was it? Lunch"

- "What are you doing here? It was good"