Chapter 23

The sun felt warm on my closed eye lids. I slowly opened my eyes to the golden morning rays of the sun bursting through the window. For some reason even though I'm sick, I don't feel as bad. I feel tired still but my runny nose is gone, and so is my headache. I breathed the air in.

       My whole body felt rejuvenated. What?

         "Leine!" I heard August's voice call as he opened the door to the room. He walked up to me, with a worried look.

        "Leine? You're awake!" He exclaimed before sitting on my bed. He smiled warmly at me.

        "Good morning, August," I replied softly to him.

         "Do you feel better?" August asked.

        "A little bit, I lost my headache and runny nose but I feel tired and groggy," I replied.

       August sighed before smiling brightly and grabbing my hand.

         "I think you should wash your face and get up. Then you'll be fresher and feel better," August decided.

        I really don't want to get up but I'll do it anyway.

     "okay then," I said before starting to wake up from the bed covers. I walked over to the bathroom and splashed water on my face and brushed my teeth.

      Surprisingly the cool, crisp and soft water of the early morning really did make me feel fresh. I breathed in the nice cold air and felt a rush of energy.

      "well? How do you feel?" August asked.

      I smiled brightly.

      "I feel amazing," I replied happily.

       "Great, cause we need to go today," Sierr peeked his head through the doorway.

       "Good morning, Sierr," I greeted.

      "Morning, Madeleine, go get ready to leave like right now. Everyone is already ready," Sierr said before walking off.

        Oh yeah! My dad! I'm gonna get my dad back! I smiled.

      "Well, I'm gonna go now.." August said as he left the room and closed the door.

     I breathed in the winter air for a second. "Sierr, Sierr do you think it'll be cold in Florente?" I asked him.

      He shook his head no. "It'll probably be a little chilly but since it's near the south, it'll be almost spring,"

       I nodded.

     "Okay guys, how bout we teleport?" Licst asked. We all agreed.

      We all held hands and Sierr started chanting a spell, " J'aimerais personnellement que vous me téléportiez, vous et ces gars-là,"

Suddenly I saw a blue shining light appear on the snowy ground below our feet. Wind blew my hair up and I felt my body falling.

      And we were there. In the florente empire. It was springy like Sierr said. We were in castle. I could tell. I had passed through this hallway, a million times. I remember.

      "So, like where is he?" Licst asked. Sierr shrugged.

      "Wanna check the throne room?" August suggested.

      "Yeah sure," Licst and Sierr said at the same time. We walked around a lot through the hallway.

      I wonder where the maids and guards are, they used to be everywhere... I felt my heart feeling a bit unsettled. I feel like something is happening.

     We passed a few other corners and then we finally found the big doorway to the throneroom. We all peeked through the doorway. and.. we found Dad...

He was with LIDIA. I suddenly felt a surging rage inside me. Her face looked so happy. Her smile made me mad, her eyes made me mad, her face made me mad. To be honest every part of her makes me mad. I clenched my fists. She was happily talking to My dad. For some odd reason I feel the need to resort to physical violence.

"Leine." August whispered as he held my clenched hand. I slowly drifted away from my thoughts of. Physical violence and looked at him.

"Let's go," He said. Everyone else nodded and we all stood at the doorway.

"Good day," I yelled, my voice echoing in the large throne room                                     

        Both Lydia and dad turned their attentions to us. Licst had gone invisible so they wouldn't see him in our plan and we could go through with it.

         "Oh..so you're alive?" He asked coldly. My heart ached. You're supposed to be your warm, bubbly, and loud self. Seeing him like this makes me want to turn my head away.

          'I was sure you had used some sort of magic to kill yourself and then kill August. But it seems you've brainwashed him," he said bitterly looking at August.

           Lydia looked in silence.

         "You really have no right to say that right now." I declared with a smirk.

         "what?! WHAT ARE you talking About!?" Lydia yelled at me.

         "Because.." I grabbed August's neck, "Don't you see? I've got a hostage."

The both of them looked shook-  looked horrified by my impure actions, while Sierr was just casually watching the show.

       "What the hell are you doing?!" august whispered to me angrily.
         "Just play along." I asked him quietly.

        Though he seemed annoyed, he played along. "OHHHH! Because I was brainwashed, I cannot fight back! What a pickle I am in!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

          "What?! What do you want?! I'll give you anything! Absolutely anything! So Please!" She yelled desperately.

     WOAh! She really likes him!

       "Make your 'dad' kneel before me and I maybe will spare his life," I demanded.

      Lydia quickly turned her face to dad and yelled desperately, "Papa!"

You've got to be kidding me. Like literally- 'PAPA'?! I feel mad now.

          Dad looked troubled but he stood up and said, "If it is for my daughter I would slay a million beasts and even kneel to a villain,"
          My heart clenched as I heard those words. For some reason, I felt tears in my eyes but they quickly went away as dad walked closer and closer to me. I was prepared if he was going to attack me and I had backup in the form of Sierr. So I wasn't scared when the big, bear like figure of my father walked up to me.

      He stood, shadowing over me for a few seconds when suddenly he fell to the floor and knelt infront of me. And I felt like crying, dad... i felt like I had really troubled him.

      But it couldn't stop now, Licst now!

         Suddenly at his neck a glowing blue hand mark appeared at his neck and shined brightly even making me unable to see anything but white for a bit. Then a strong wind blew into my face and body.

        Is the magic working?!

My eyes opened and I could see something. DAD!!!!