Chapter 24

It was father. He was lying down, his eyes open but a little dazed. I fell to my knees infront of him. "Dad?" I called out to him.

The daze in his eyes slowly disappeared by the sound of my voice. He blinked a few times before getting up and staring at me. "Leine?" He asked, his voice sounding warm again, though confused.

He's back..

"DAD!" I yelled before hugging him tightly. "Leine!" He yelled hugging me back, "I don't know what caused this but i'm happy to hug you anyway! I thought for sure after you started your emo phase when you were 9 you would never hug me again but here you are!"

Emo phase?????

"Could it be you don't know what happened, uncle?" August asked. Dad looked confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked looking even more confused. OH well.

Licst left as soon as the spell disappeared. So Sierr, August and I started to tell the story from the beginning. After telling him, he slowly turned his head towards Lydia who was still shocked. She jumped when their eyes met. She promptly looked away to the ground.

"...." There was a brief silence as dad stared at her.

"...You're my dad too...!" She yelled suddenly. He stared at her.

"You look like her," He finally said. She looked surprised. "Wha-"

"Your mother," He replied. She blinked a couple of times. "Y-you remember her?" She asked.

"I met her when I was young and foolish, and left the day I got bored," He recounted, "I didn't know she was pregnant,"

"I heard she passed away a year ago, right?" Dad asked her. She nodded, her eyes soaked in tears.

"I'm sorry," He said to her with a sympathetic smile, "It wasn't your fault."

Yes, I know this story. I've heard it in the otome game a couple of times near the end of the game. Dad was young when he met lydia's mom and left. After that he finally learned better and married Madeleine's mom, Sylvia.

Tears fell down Lydia's eyes. "Everything wouldn't have happened if it weren't for my mistakes, so I'm sorry.." Dad said as he walked up to her. He patted her head. She looked almost shocked. He then looked at August and me and motioned for us to join him.

We both kinda stared at him in silence for a few seconds before we ran up to him and he hugged us all.

        'I'm sorry.." Lydia said to father, "I was stupid. I still am.." Father smiled, "I forgive it," he turned his head to me. I looked at her almost expectantly.

       "....Uh..I realized...that to be honest, you didn't do anything wrong. I was really just dramatizing your comments... and I did something unforgivable to you.. but, I would just like to say.. I'm sorry," She apologized. There was a brief silence. "AWW HELL NAh-" I started.

        I then rethought what I was about to say. My sister, Tohru, she once spilled coffee on my peace treaty with Russia. I was mad, but I'm older than her. Once she says sorry, I promised myself to forgive her and figure it out afterwards. Tohru cried while she said sorry. And I forgave her. It didn't mean I didn't forget, but I forgave her.

         I smiled warmly, i love my sister. "it's okay, It's over now," I replied with a smile.

         She started to tear up immensely. She jumped into my arms and cried saying sorry over and over again. "...."

        Lydia, she's like a child. Well, she is a child. I feel as though I'm filled with joy.

           "Madeleine...Your like someone I know, haha!" Lydia said with that sweet smile that I remembered from the otome games. "Who?" I asked.

          "My sister," she replied. Hah? does Lydia in the otome game have a sibling? No she doesnt! what the heck!?? "You have a sister, so i have another half sister?" I asked.

         She blinked a couple of times. "NO NO! Hahahahaha!" she looked anxious.

She then started to blankly think, as if she was doing my inner monologue.

       "Um.. can I trust you with this?" She asked me whispering slightly. I nodded like crazy. What is it what is it what is it.

        "I got like reincarnated into an otome game and you are a character in that otome game, actually in my past life I was a bit younger, I think I was 10...I forgot because I've been the herione for 13 years already hehe.." she whispered. ?!

       That's weird! I got reincarnated into an otome game too!?

       "So like...you... yes I understand." I replied. She looked bright, yes this is an 10 year old. "Um so my sister also had black hair like you and she was actually president of the whole world  and I think it's like being a king, but elected and she was elected at uh idk 10??" She told me.
     WOAH! I was president at a young age too! AND I HAVE BLACK HAIR!
      "Tohru?" I asked. She blinked. "That's my name!" She smiled happily. "I'm your sister." I replied.

        "Mikoto????" she yelled. I held her face up to my eyes. She looks like the herione but....

        I laughed aloud, "Did you miss me?" Tear gently flowed down her eyes. "w-when you died, I watched it! On Tv! I watched it!"She said, "...I was so shocked I didn't know what to do... I just stared at the tv waiting while my classmates and teachers started panicking. I couldn't.... At your funeral, I couldn't believe it! My sister! Would never die like that! Not my sister, who was shot at 150 times and smirked at the sniper with superiority as if he were a fool!" She looked so hurt. She looked so traumatized.

        Oh...no no no no no no no baby girl, my Tohru... I hugged her tightly. No no no no no What am I doing?

        "I was put into foster care and one day when I finally got adopted, I died in a car crash, 2 years after you died! But you did it! Your plans really everything went into motion after your death and that world is so much better now! And..And they caught the guy who killed you a year after your death. They caught him.." she smiled.

        "Tohru..no Lydia, why did you do that if youre not really her?" I asked. She looked down, "I lived Lydia's life and understood her troubles because we both went through it before you became president.. So As I lived through her terror, I just dramatized everything that you said because I knew you were supposed to be the villainess in the otome game..."

         I tilted my head. Humans have interesting psychology. I hugged her tighter,  I am just happy to be able to hug her again.

When i turned back, august, Sierr and dad were playing Go fish.

.