Aki x Versus x Hisoka

There was no time to move, much less think. Obviously, Hisoka had been observing me and had already figured out a bunch of things- such as my shock at my own strength, my hesitation, and my speed. And he would use that to his advantage.

His body shot towards me with a maniacal grin. He was getting more serious now.

I clenched my fists, pushing my mind to its limit. My life depended on this. I knew that psycho might kill regardless of the rules. He could just come back next year, after all. Whatever my ability was- the time thing- I needed it to activate right now, or I wouldn't be able to block or dodge this attack, please.

...Nothing. Fine then. I order it to activate. It's my own ability, and I should be able to command it as such. No, I need to make myself believe that I can command it. Because I can.

My eyes opened and my heart skipped a beat when I realized that it had worked- the clown bastard was once again in slow-mo and black and white. Well, the room didn't change at all, since everything was already white.

And just in time too. Hisoka was right in front of me, with several cards ready to slice me in half. I shuddered nervously, falling backwards out of fear.

I almost died.

I took a deep breath and collected myself before moving to the right and preparing a punch again. This time I knew that I was able to fight back. And although I may be kind of powerful now, I still lacked experience, which Hisoka had plenty of. I wasn't even half as strong as he was, but maybe if I was smart enough...

Soon after, his eyes darted my way and he changed directions, but with a differently coordinated attack. I braced myself. Here he comes.

I bit my lip and stared at the solid white floor. I knew that while I may be able to hold my own against him for a short while, he'd still defeat me in the end. And then everyone else would move on in the exam without me, and I'd have to take it next year. But by then... it'd be too late. There'd be no reason to retake it anyway.

Hisoka hadn't even gotten serious or used his hidden ability yet. I couldn't control my own power to the fullest extent, and on top of that, I barely remembered anything about the power system in Hunter x Hunter.

As I stared at the floor, a crazy idea popped into my head. It reminded me of that time Gon thought of breaking down the wall in the "difficult" path so that the team could take a shortcut through the easy path. Hold on... when did that happen again? All these weird memories from the show were starting to come back to me, which I suppose was good... right? Taking this exam was definitely starting to help get my memories back.

Anyway, back to my idea. If I managed to do the same with all of my strength and move quickly enough, it could work. But only if I used my newfound ability at the same time. And the debris would work as a cover from the clown bastard, so I needed to get the timing right too. This was something that only someone with an ability like mine could pull off here, so I suppose I got pretty lucky.

I clenched my fist and prepared for my stunt, pulling my arm back. Hisoka was coming. It's now or never. With a final breath, I pulled my arm back all the way, imagining all of my power flowing into this one punch. At the same time, I pushed myself up a few feet into the air. Not too high and not too low.

Gravity took ahold of my body and I began to fall. I closed my eyes and forced my ability to deactivate, and the colors returned. I was starting to get used to this thing.

Finally, as Hisoka was just a few feet away from me, my fist connected with the white floor. Almost immediately, large cracks formed, and the material began to break apart. The room shuddered lightly, and a large jagged hole opened up below me. There- an opening. There were white chunks of the rocks starting to fall, and I could sense Hisoka in it somewhere.

I saw that the edges of the hole were already staring to mend together, quickly closing in. Now. I activated my ability, and everything slowed down- including the regeneration of the floor. I sucked in another breath, for it could be my last, and let myself fall into the pit I'd created.

The hole began to fix itself even faster, and by the time my whole body was through, there was only a tiny opening left. My ability deactivated, then it closed completely, leaving me in the pitch black darkness.

I continued falling through the pit of darkness, flailing and screaming all the way down. You can't blame me though- it was terrifying, falling straight down through pure darkness. I had no idea what else was in that tower and I didn't want to know either.

Finally, after several more seconds of me screaming, my body tensed up with the feeling of danger. Something large and flat below me... the ground? Oh yeah, I didn't really think ahead... Oops. If I landed right now, my body would most likely splatter across the floor. And that would not be ideal.

I needed to think of something, and fast.