Gittarackur x Meets x Aki

There was a tense silence as we stared at each other, both of us maintaining straight faces. I tried to act like he hadn't just walked in on me banging my head against the wall like a total idiot. Then, the needle-covered man proceeded to take a seat with his back against the wall.

Well... this is certainly awkward. Do I sit here and stay quiet? Or do I strike up a conversation? Do the wrong thing and he might kill me. After all, he was an assassin. What would I even say?

"So... you like needles?"
"..."

I did a mental facepalm, sighing. I should just wait it out. But then, before I could even settle back down, the assassin spoke. "What is your relationship with Killua?" I raised an eyebrow. "Um... we're just acquaintances at the moment, I guess. You know, we talk. About the exam." If I said we were friends, he might murder me. Yeah, that's how crazy Illumi was.

He didn't reply, instead staring at the wall again with that ever-so blank expression of his. Illumi Zoldyck. I'd have to be wary of him, especially around Killua. From what I remembered, he was super protective of him, as in Killua-doesn't-need-friends-so-if-you-come-near-him-I'll-assassinate-you type of protective. Just your typical doting older brother.

The door slid open yet again, drawing my eyes towards the third finisher's approaching figure. I squinted, thinking it looked somewhat familiar, before realizing who it was with a sense of dread.

"Applicant 44, third place."

The clown bastard. I frowned as I saw a couple of bloody cuts on him- one on his torso and one on his shoulder. Apparently, whoever he'd fought on his way here had been strong enough to give Hisoka those injuries.

A grin stretched across his face as the door closed. "My my, you two are here already?"
"Unfortunately," I muttered. I should be fine. He can't do anything here. Illumi didn't show much of a reaction to Hisoka's arrival. Actually, he hadn't even moved at all.

"Wait, how the hell did you get here so fast? The examiner said you'd have to wait until there were only ten hours left," I said.
"Oh, that... after you disappeared and left me all alone, the examiner started laughing. He said no one had ever broken through the White Room before. He called it a draw and let me move on."
"Oh... I see."
The clown licked his lips. "However, I would very much like to continue our battle..."
"Try to fight me and you'll get disqualified. We can't go all out in this tiny room anyway."
"I suppose so."
In my head, I was relieved. If possible, I never wanted to fight that bastard ever again.

"Let's see... we'll all be here for the next couple days. Since it'll be quite boring, what do you say we play a little game?" he suggested, walking towards me. I made a face of disgust, inching away. "I couldn't care less. Just don't come near me." He smiled, revealing a handful of cards. "Gittarackur over there is very antisocial. He never plays with me. Are you up for a game of cards, little Ace?"