Chapter 5

The next morning I was slowly woken up from a small movement on top of me.  Slowly opening my eyes I saw a very still asleep Katie on top of me.  My arms were still wrapped around her while her right arm was under my neck and her left was under my head.  Our legs were intertwined while her mouth was slightly opened.  I smiled at the sight and looked at my window.  Sun's out.  I wonder what time it is.  But I wouldn't mind waking up to this every morning.  Quit it Violet, it's never going to happen.  I looked back down at Katie and moved my right hand to run it through her hair.  She continued to sleep peacefully for a couple more minutes before she started to stir.  In a raspy voice I said to her, "Morning sleeping beauty."  She smiled and looked up at me with her tired eyes, "Goodmorning."  I took my hand out of her hair and stared into her eyes.  Our staring contest broke when I heard my parents walking down the hall talking to each other.  I looked over at the door and to my luck it was closed but it didn't stop from what I had heard from them.  "Pathetic, honestly why haven't we kicked her out."  I didn't hear the rest of the conversation because they got too far from my room.  And mood is now ruined.

I moved Katie off of me and stood up stretching.  My back felt a lot better which was good.  I ran a hand through my hair and started to change out of my old clothes.    We've changed in front of each other before and at the moment I wasn't really thinking fully.  Without turning around I said to Katie, "You can wear my clothes today.  I'm pretty sure we both are late to our first classes."  I heard movement behind me and I assumed she was going to find clothes to wear for today.  I was in my own little world until I came back into my room and saw Katie sitting on my bed looking at her hands.  She tends to do that when she is in deep thought.  I wonder what she is thinking about.  I cleared my throat and she lifted her head up to me.  I motioned my head as in a 'let's go' motion and we both quietly walked to the kitchen to grab something to eat.  "Ah there is the girl that we sadly call a daughter.  What did I tell you honey she's got nothing going for her she even dragged that other girl down with her.  Missing class and she makes us pay for that shit.  Unbelievable."  Tears where coming to my eyes when I reached for an apple.  I need to get out of here.  I felt a hand and mine and then I started to be pulled towards the front door.

Katie had taken my car keys and hoped into the drivers side.  Neither one of us has spoken a word.  We both had too many things going on in our minds.  I was brought back when Katie turned off the car.  I looked up and saw people walking into the building talking with their friends.  Hearing movement coming from the drivers seat and I leaned back stretching my hand out to her.  "Here I know you didn't grab breakfast."  I handed her my apple and I grabbed my stuff leaving the car.  As soon as I stepped inside my arm was grabbed and I was pulled into a hallway.  "Hey Katie please don't, I don't... oh, hey Autumn."  Her smile was replaced with a frown.  "Are you okay?"  I broke our eye contact and looked at the floor.  She put her hand under my chin and lifted my head to look at her.  I swallowed and made eye contact, "Um."  Autumn put her hands on my shoulders, "Want to get out of here?"  Say yes what are you doing, a attractive girl is asking if you want to go with her.  "That would be great actually."  I'm late anyway might at well.  Autumn smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the exist.  This should be fun.  Once we were in her car I asked, "So where are we going?"  I looked over at her and saw she was smiling at me already, "It's a surprise but I swear it'll be fun."  I nodded and looked forward until I jumped slightly when I felt her grab my hand.

Bold okay... I kind of like it.  I couldn't help the blush that rose onto my cheeks.  And I definitely did not unwelcome it and I could tell she was relieved.  "I am going to turn on the radio if that's okay?"  Nodding I watched her turn on and change the station to 95.1.  The song 'Hot girl bummer by blackbear' was on and I couldn't help but hum along.  "Mini golf, arcade games, bumper cars, etc."  I looked over at her smiling and pulling her hand.  "You are so cute."  I stopped pulling her hand and blushed hard looking out the window.  "Come on let's go pretty girl."  She let go of my hand and we both got out of the car.  Autumn waited for me at the front of her car with her hand outstretched.  Oh gosh don't freak out with her. Sweaty hands stop it.  I wiped my hands on my shirt before reaching to take hers.  I felt butterflies whenever her hands were in mine but it was never the same butterflies as when Katie and I are together.  You will never reach that point with her.  Enjoy the girl who is giving you attention.  A very beautiful girl I may add.  When I felt a slight tug on my hand I looked over at Autumn, "Sorry."  I looked down and Autumn cupped my cheek saying, "Where did you just go pretty girl?"  I shook my head signaling I didn't want to talk about it.  She took the hint and started pulling me towards the air hockey table.  "Oh you are so on Autumn."  I said while running to the table.  Autumn starting laughing behind me, "We'll see Violet, we'll see."  Smirking and raised my eyebrow I paid for the game and took the puck out starting the game.