Chapter 2

~Jacob's POV~

I look over at my alarm clock. It reads 2:30 A.M. I rubbed my eyes to make sure that was the right time. It was actually 5:30. I quietly got up from my bed. Careful to not wake Tristen's, my best friend, family up. My room was cold in the mornings. I liked it that way. I made my way to the kitchen to get breakfast. I grabbed some eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese from the fridge. I proceeded to make breakfast. I finished cooking breakfast at around 6 O'clock. I made sure to make enough for everyone in Tristen's family.

I left the leftovers in the microwave covered so they would stay warm. I made sure to write a note and leave it on the fridge so everyone would see that I made breakfast. I went back into my room and grabbed everything I would need for the bathroom, not wanting everyone waiting on me. I got my speaker set up and got into the shower. While I showered I listened to "The Hardcore Self Help" Podcast. I listen to this every morning so I don't get into dark places again. I got out of the shower about five minutes later. I got out of the bathroom and almost ran right into Tristen.

"Hey"

"Hi, those breakfast burritos were so good. I can't believe you woke up that early to make them"

"I figured I would make everyone breakfast since your family has been so nice to let me stay here." That was partially true. It was mainly because I couldn't sleep again. I have a hard time sleeping, I get bad nightmares that make it impossible to sleep.

"Well thanks, man, I'll be ready to go in about ten minutes."

"Actually, I think I'm gonna drive my bike to school today, ya know. Since I fixed it."

"Yeah alright, I'll see you at school."

"Yep"

I walk out to my bike and smile. It was a shiny black Harley-Davidson Iron 1200. I drove to the local coffee shop, Brie'sta, to get a coffee before school. I got a hot Butterbeer latte. It tasted like pure delight. I needed this for the first day of school. I get to Crestview High School, the place I've spent the last three years of my life. I park my bike right in the middle row, closest to the exit. I got off my bike and saw everyone staring at a brand new Audi r8. I couldn't tell whose car it was, the girl that got out of it had her face covered as if she was ashamed of her car. She was shy and you could tell.

I met my friends in front of the school doors. I put everything in my locker, except for what I need for my first classes. We proceeded to walk around until the bell rang. I walked into the class after the bell. My first class is DC Chemistry, ugh. I hate having hard classes first thing in the morning. I have some peanuts to eat to help me. My classes after chemistry flew by, I skipped my math class, AP statistics. I was meeting Tristen in his class.

As soon as the bell rang, I felt a small petite body collide with mine. She starts to fall backward from the impact of running into me. As soon as I noticed that she was falling I wrapped my arm around her tiny waist to keep her from falling. She looked into my eyes as if her life depended on it. I stared back into her eyes. She had beautiful brown eyes. She was wearing a black crop top and ripped skinny jeans that you could tell were too tight. As soon as she broke contact, I lifted her up so she was stable.

I was quite annoyed and said, "Ugh, watch where you're going next time."

She looked at me and started stuttering before answering, "s-s-sorry."

"Yeah, whatever"

I made sure to stand in front of her to irritate her. My friends called me over eventually so I moved out of her way. They were all giving me a dumb look. I just rolled my eyes at them and punched them in the arm. Tristen made a side comment about how she was hot and I just rolled my eyes. I walked to my next class, English. As soon as I walked in, I sat down. Tristen sat down next to me. The girl that ran into me came into the class and immediately rolled her eyes.

She made sure to sit as far away as possible from me. I pretended not to notice. The late bell finally rang, everyone was sat happily in their seats. All the girls were practically bowing down at my feet. It was a little uncomfortable. I was getting compliments from them, what felt like every second. The teacher finally started class. The whole room went dead silent. She looked around the room and smiled at everyone in a very welcoming way.

"Okay class, we are going to have assigned seats, the person you will be sitting with will be your partner on all projects we do, including the final project that's worth fifty percent of your grade."

Everyone erupted into loud groans and "Ughs". I didn't really care. All the girls were asking if they could be my partner. I internally groaned at the thought. All the guys wanted to be partners with me and my friends. Mainly me and Tristen, but some people wanted to partner with Cody too. I was hoping to be partners with Brittany. I'm sure she would just love that. Everyone's attention was on us. Mrs. P cleared her throat and got everyone's attention back on her. I smirked back at Brittany and she rolled her eyes at me.

"The partners are Shelby and Ryan, Caroline and Tristen........."

She kept naming students until eventually, she got to me.

"Brittany and Jacob."

As soon as I realized I was partnered with Brittany I was overjoyed. I'm not sure why though, I barely know her. I feel as if I need to protect her, I want to protect her. But I also want to protect myself. I stood up and walked to sit down next to her. I flashed her a grin, not something I do to most people. She just rolled her eyes and looked away from me.