Chapter 15

~Brittany's POV~

I woke up around two in the morning to loud bangs on my window. I rubbed my eyes and made my way to the window. I looked out to see Jacob. I opened my window before yelling at him.

"What are you doing here?!"

"I got the letter you left and I want to show you something. Come down here"

"How do you propose I do that?"

"Jump out your window."

"ARE YOU INSANE?!"

"Come on princess, I'll catch you."

"Oh dear lord save me."

I jumped out of my window and let out a little yelp. I was waiting to hit the ground but when I didn't I opened my eyes to see Jacob holding me. I looked up at him and smiled. I didn't think he would actually catch me. He led me to the front of my house where a car was waiting. I looked at him with a shocked expression.

"You have a car?"

"No, Tristen has a car and I borrowed it."

"Oh, ok."

He smiled over at me, "I want to take you somewhere special to me."

"Ok, did you read-?"

"Yes, I read the letter, did Fred really do that stuff to you?"

"Yes, I don't want to talk about it."

"Ok"

I fell back asleep as soon as we stopped talking. After about an hour Jacob woke me up.

"We're here princess."

I was still half asleep. I just groaned at him and he tried again.

"Princess, we are here, I need you to get up."

"Mmm ok."

I woke up and stumbled out of the car. Jacob picked me up noticing that I was a little wobbly. He carried me out into a huge field. There were sunflowers everywhere. I was in awe of the sight. I turned around and smiled brightly at Jacob. He smiled back just as brightly. I turned back around and Jacob cleared his throat.

"Brittany" He walked forward and grabbed his hands in mine. "I would never hurt you like you've been hurt."

"I know but why are you telling me this?"

He took a deep breath before continuing, "Brittany, will you be my girlfriend. I promise to never hurt you as Fred did and I promise to always be there for you."

I gasped and was instantly overjoyed. "Of course Jacob I would love to be your girlfriend."

With that he slipped a promise ring on my finger, I gasped again.

He responded to my gasp, "I have the other one."

My ring was beautiful. It was full of all black crystals and a gold heart in the middle. His ring was charcoal black with a single gold heart in the middle like mine.