Chapter 14

~Jacob's POV~

I scowled at my nickname. My family called us down for dinner shortly after. I was hoping Brittany was enjoying herself. She told me to go ahead of her because she has to use the restroom. When she walked down the stairs everyone's heads turned including my own.

My mom decided to greet her, "Ah, join us, dear. We made lasagna, I hope you like pasta."

She had a huge smile on her face, "I love pasta"

She took a bite of the lasagna and moaned. I'm assuming because it was so good. Then she confirms my assumption. "This is so good."

Mrs. William chuckled a little bit at her moan, "I'm glad you enjoy it dear."

After dinner, Brittany and Lucy cleaned up dinner. After they were done cleaning I gave Brittany a ride home. Once I got back home I went up to my room. I noticed a letter set neatly on my desk. I noticed Brittany's beautiful handwriting. Hmm, I wonder what this is. I opened it to read.

Dear Jacob,

Don't worry I'm not breaking off our friendship with you or anything I just need to tell you something very personal. My stepdad, Fred, did some terrible stuff to me last year. He beat and raped me until I was almost dead. That is why I was in a mental hospital last year. After that, I was going through a hard time with my mental health. Please don't tell anyone! He would legit kill me and I am content with it being kept secret.

Yours truly,

Brittany