Chapter 21: What and why

Ryu's POV

She was not there.
When I opened my eyes, Utau wasn't there. I immediately got a panic attack and shouted her name frantically. 

"Miss...  where are you? " I heard another voice calling out for her.

"Coca, what just happened? Did you see her? That light.. she...she ...vanished..."

"Calm down,master Ryu. Did you happen to see where she went? Or just a glimpse of it?"

"I called out to her but without listening she just went forward till the intense light made her disappear."

"We have to tell master about this. "

"But what if she returns here?"

" Someone has to stay here.. what about we tell her friends about this incident?"

"That would be fine. I will do it and return with them to the mansion. You go and tell father."

"Yes, master Ryu."

I ran towards the group of children sitting on the grass.

"What happened Ryu? Didn't you just go back with Utau? Did she use that magic on you again?" Ryan laughed.

"....." I caught my breath and my face grew an expression of seriousness.

"What... happened....?" Ryan asked, understanding my expression.

Everyone looked towards me. I gulped and spoke,"Utau... She just vanished... I don't know where but...
She is not there anymore..." The tears I was holding, forcefully burst out. I couldn't stop myself from crying.
I tried to dry my tears and stop them from falling but they didn't listen to me. My cheeks attained a red colour as my hands rubbed against them.

"Relax, and tell us what exactly happened in detail. Wasn't Coca with you too? " Villi said.

"He went to tell father. He couldn't see anything more than me."
I explained the situation to them.

"How can she just vanish into thin air?" Abby said.

"You mean thin light, right?" Chichi corrected.

"A very weird disappearance indeed. Are you sure you are telling us everything? "Villi said.

I nodded.

"Don't worry, Miss Sherlock Holmes will help you." Abby smirked while looking at Villi.

"Shut up."

"What is that?" Phlyn questioned.

"A famous book series about a very clever detective. " Chichi explained.

"Oh... Ryan must know about it. Right Ryan?.....Ryan?" Phlyn turned towards Ryan but he did not reply.

"Cat got your tongue,eh? "Villi commented.

Completely ignoring her comment, he spoke," I will seek my father's help on this matter."

"What?? the king?? "Ryu suddenly stood up in shock.

"Any problem with that?"

"But he..he is the king, you know? Why would he..?"

"So what? Even I am the prince and the next monarch. If I can do it then he will too. "

"Won't he be busy with the kingdom's business? Why would he help some mere Duke's daughter?"

"She also comes in the kingdom's business that you spoke of and anyway he treats her like a daughter-in-lawuh, I mean daughter."

Villi smirked and said," I completely understand Ryan,he will help her because he treats her like a daughter-in..." She was cut off by Ryan.

"Daughter..daughter.. After all the Duke and he are good friends...he hehe.." Ryan blushed and awkwardly laughed.

"Anyway we went astray from our topic.Let's look at the possible causes for her disappearance." Chichi said.

After a discussion we gathered up all of the possible causes:
1. Abduction by a magician/spirit/ghost.
2. Something wrong with her magic which transmigrated her somewhere
3. Some weird natural phenomenon.
4. Any other unknown cause.
5. God's will.

"Most probably it's the first one. After all everyone wants my cute,lovely, beautiful,amazing and indescribably talented sister. " Ryan and Phlyn nodded at Ryu's statement as they shared the heart of despair.

"Creeps." Villi commented.

"I really don't think that's the case." Abby said.

"Yeah, same here." Chichi agreed.

"The second one seems more reasonable." Abby stated

"I hope for the fourth one, 'unkown cause',  it has a mysterious tinge."
Villi anticipated.

"Safest one would probably be 'god's will' Chichi said.

"Yeah.." everyone agreed.

https//:Somewhere.com
("What the hell do you mean by safe!?)

(Back to Ryu )
"So the final decision is to let adults take care of it, right?"  Ryan said.

"Yes," everyone replied.

"After all we have the swordsmanship competition to look forward to, right friends?"Villi said.

Everyone agreed and since they were satisfied with the end result, they went back home.

https//: Somewhere.com

"Why does it sound like a 'happily ever after' ending?!"

"Is a competition more important than me, your friend?! Everyone is anyhow like that, but even Ryu?! What have I done to deserve this!"