Chapter 25- A Prince In Perplexion

This is what happened to utau in the previous chapter:

The orange haired was standing in front of me. He was staring in my eyes. I flinched when he held my shoulders. "Just so that I am clear,I don't like staring contests.." I began.

I turned around since I was getting bored, both from his face and his behaviour. To my surprise, he made me face him again. He took my hand and placed it on his face. Does he want me to pet him? I can understand the joy when someone pets you since I like it myself, but he didn't have to choose a random stranger to do it.

That's when I thought, his bouncy cheeks felt familiar. Orange hair? Knew my name in an unfamiliar country? Calling me by using sama? Always together? Could it be...

"Ao...? Is it you?"

"You finally realised utau sama."

I started laughing hard, thinking about the misunderstanding I had about him.  I hugged him tightly. Now I knew that I wasn't alone here.

"I have a lot of questions about ..well.. everything."

" Before that, why were you with the capture targets?"

"What do you mean?"

"Urie Kales and Yea Hinterland. They are capture targets that you meet in the academy and they play a major role in your destruction.

"Woah, no wonder I felt nostalgic about the koalaty wall's face. But even Urie? "

"He is a hidden capture target so his picture was not in the catalogue. Actually he is the fifth prince of this country but later on his brothers die or get bedridden due to a plague and he becomes the crown prince."

"Why doesn't he get affected?"

" Because he has strong immunity magic."

"That explains it. So who is Yea? "

"He is a commoner with exceptionally rare magic, the light magic. Later he becomes Urie's greatest and closest aide and well as the prime minister."

"Oooh, nice.."

" So they fall in love with the heroine? When do I come in?"

"He-"

"Yea! yea! Where are-". We heard urie's call all of a sudden.  We ran towards the voice but we could neither find him nor the one who he was looking for.

"Where could he have gone? I swear I heard his voice."

"It was him. I think he was kidnapped by the guards of his father."

"Why do you think so?"

" Well, Urie used to sneak out of the castle, and meet Yea to know about the whereabouts of the country. He used to miss his boring classes with the haughty and unforgiving teachers belonging to nobility.  So his father gave the guards the duty to catch him and bring him back. "

"So what should we do?"

"Do you want to save them?"

"Yes , since he saved me. That was when 'your kind lord' dropped me down from the sky,  and he became my cushion or else, I don't even want to imagine what would happen."

"Ok.. so let's plan this act."

Ao whispered in my ear about the mischief we were about to play. After acting like the navigator for a while, we reached the royal castle.

"Where are your parents?"
The guards stopped us at the gates.

"How rude. Do you not know the daughter of Duke Dandelion of the neighbouring kingdom? How dare you stop us from going inside!" Ao said.

I guess my father is pretty famous in the neighbouring countries as well. I felt bad for the guards whose faces seemed like they had been influenced by the demon of regret.

They instantly let us in. They palace was as silent as the dead. We walked for a while and found the butler almost pacing past us.  He suddenly stopped after realising our presence.

"Who are you?" The butler asked.

"Utau Dandelion."

"Do you mean Duke Dandelion's daughter?"

"Yes."

"What are you doing here alone?"

"I have something to talk with the king urgently. Please arrange an audience as soon as possible."

The butler thought for a minute or so and lead us to the door of the audience room. He told us to wait until he informed His Majesty.

Third person's POV

The butler went into the room.  He stood beside the king and whispered in his ear, telling him about the surprising visit, also asking for permission to let them enter.

The king was astonished but could not let the precious visitor wait for too  long. The butler went back to bring them.

Utau entered with a smile and curtsied in front of the king. Ao also dared not to show disrespect.
"Long live the the pillar of generosity, King Kalium the 9th."

Seeing the well mannered little lady,  the king could not help but smile.

"What is the little lady doing here?" the king said.

"I have been recommended to become the 5th prince's studymate and future study partner in the magical academy.  Hence, I came here to proceed with our collective classes together. "

The king's smile faded and he had a perplexed expression on his face, knowing all too well how his son LOVED to skip his classes . Nevertheless he ordered for the summoning of his son.

"One more thing, my mother's friend's son, who lives here, is recommended to be my tour guide while I stay here. I have met him and the prince already on my way here."

" No troubles in that but you said that you met my son already? " surprised, he asked me.

"Yes, before he was taken away by some guards, I suppose."

The king was wondering was to say when he was interrupted by his son.

" Father, why am I being called he- wait you? Why are you here? "

The king's glare made his shut his mouth.

"As I was saying, Urie, you would be Utau Dandelion's study parter for two weeks and then continue your studying in the academy in Edinburg. "

His face looked as if a very confused "huh? What? WHY?  " was imprinted on his forehead.

I gestured to him that I will explain everything later and he understood it.

The plan to escape study had begun!