Chapter 28 - Fatimah

"Fatimah, I think the testing is okey like that. You've been testing Yusuf for long now, yet he kept passing..." Qudrah said.

Indeed she was right, I had been testing Yusuf ever since I let him into my life. I just wanted to know who he really was. Yes, to know his exact colour and tone!

"Qudrah, I know you don't like what I am doing but it is the best!" I said as I zipped the coke and donut I bought Yusuf from the cafeteria. "There is no way I can know him better without pushing myself more closer to him..."

"Right?" She glared at me as we started walking gently away from the cafeteria.

"Yes, and I am likely to offer him my body and see if he will accept it. If he does, then my hunch is right!" I said.

"This is insanity, Fatimah!" She shouted.

"Na sani ai, but that's the only way to know if he's a bad guy or not!" I said.

"What if he accept the offer?" She said.

"Then I will run and he will never get my attention again, not in this world and certainly not in the hereafter!" I uttered wearing a mischievous smile.

Qudrah didn't say anything anymore, she only shook her head and warned me to be very careful. Well, I told her not to worry at all and that I could take good care of myself. The offering of my body would be the last test for Yusuf — if he failed, I would make sure he never get my attention again and Dr Marwan must hear about it. That is to literally tell him my hunch was right after all.

Just as we reached our department, I took a turn to the library where Yusuf was after having bade Qudrah goodbye and told her to keep a seat for me in the lecture hall. It was even almost time for the lecture but I had to see Yusuf first.

The moment I stepped into the library, I spotted him seating alone in the VIP section. He was stubborn, the section was meant for only lecturers. And how on this earth did he even managed to stay there without being forced to leave by the librarian? I thought while gently walking over to him. "Yusuf, is Adnan in school please?!" I said pretending as if that was what brought me to him. He was busy, so he didn't reply me. I had to yell at him. "Yusuf, I am asking you!"

"Oh, sorry dear" He huffed with a smile and continued. "I haven't seen him yet"

"Like seriously?" I dropped my jaw.

"Yes..." He uttered and then enquired why I was always asking about Adnan. Actually, I was using Adnan's absence as an avenue to be approaching him in the name of enquiring about Adnan.

"Yusuf, you won't understand..." I said thinking about the lie to tell. Just then, the thought of what happened on our final day at school last semester popped into my head. "I just hope it isn't about what happened last semester ending..."

"What if it is? You did the right thing, dear. Just forget about him" He said.

"Hmm, okey then" I said as I unzipped my bag and brought out what I bought for him. "Here, I bought you a donut and... a can coke along the way" I said.

"Awwn, thank you dear" He collected the donut first and then gave it a bite. "Yummy!" He said as he opened the coke and gulped it. "Wow!" He smiled.

"See how hungry you are, did you even eat before coming? Don't lie!" I uttered.

"No, I didn't" He said with his mouth full. "This donut is delicious, thanks!"

"Yeah, it is..." I feigned smiling. "Let me be going, I am having a lecture yanzu"

"Oh, okey. Thanks, Fatimah" He said.

"You are welcome, Yusuf" I uttered and then bade him goodbye before leaving.