2 - A Best friend I Never Knew

I stand there, staring in front of me to see who I bumped into. It was a male student with brown hair.

Oops, my mistake - sorry. But anyway, that was definitely weird. That scenario was out of every cliche Shoujo romance manga I knew. Plus, since when did I become so blind?!

"Y/n, oh my god! Are you okay?" The cosplayer's voice rings out behind me. Ack, so she was still following me.

The girl- well I guess Hari, immediately goes to my side and gives me a worried look. She carefully places her hand on my forehead out of nowhere, as if checking for a bump.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I give her a forced smile since we're still strangers after all. A pout appears on her delicate face, and she frowns - creating a crease across her clear forehead.

". . . Are you really fine?" She mutters, but I pretend to not hear her. What's more important is that it was my fault for bumping into the person, so I should be the one apologizing and asking if they're okay.

As I'm about to call out to the boy, he turns around with a confused expression, but it changes to a glare once he sees my face. His hazelnut colored eyes reflect off the light, admitting a slight glow. Where have I seen him before?-

"You!" The boy shouts, pointing his index finger at me. "Are you blind or just stupid?" I stare, shocked at his response.

What the hell, how rude? Sheesh, it's like he doesn't know what an accident is. I open my mouth to respond back to him.

"I'm-"

"Hey. What's your problem?" Hari speaks before I'm able to. Her loud voice attracts the attention of the students around us again. "Aren't you the one who's blind, it was an accident!" She shouts, her expression turning sour. The boy flinches and he gapes at her.

Erm, wow!

Although it feels good to be defended by her, it would be nice if she didn't have the lung capacity of like ten people, heh. But still, it's my fault anyway.

"Hari-" Wait, that's not even her real name. She's just cosplaying as her, after all. Despite that, the girl instantly turns to me, her glare transitioning into an innocent expression. "Yes?"

I'm really not looking for a fight on the first day of school, after all. "It's fine, it's my fault for bumping into him," I say, smiling sheepishly and turning to the boy once again. "I'm sorry, I guess I was too preoccupied with my thoughts."

Hopefully, he has a bit of sympathy in him, even though he did technically insult me.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but there was no response from him. All he did was stare at me with a slight scowl on his face. Hello? Are you deaf now or something?

For some reason, I didn't back down, staring at him back before Hari pulled me out of my thoughts. Like earlier, she wraps her arm around mine and pulls me away from the boy.

"Just ignore him, Y/n. He doesn't deserve another ounce of your time." Hari mutters, dragging me into the school building. I hear several students chattering about us behind our backs, but we ignore them.

Once we're far away enough, she unexpectedly starts ranting angrily under her breath. "Can you believe the nerve of that guy? What a jerk! I would have slapped him if you didn't speak up." Hari muttered, pouting once again.

Pfft, haha. Seriously, we would get along right away if she was my classmate. but she's not. I totally forgot she's not even my friend. How does this girl even know my name though? I mean I'm calling her Hari because she's cosplaying as her. Besides, what's with me and my weird luck today?