5 - An Unexpected Relationship

After Kace's introduction, the class resumes shortly without any conflict.

Each of us was given a syllabus to have signed and returned, but also a typical class worksheet to waste the time.

I blank out for a few seconds before the sounds of pencils writing snap me out of it. Whoops, good thing the teacher didn't catch me or anything. My fingers take my mechanical pencil, and I start to analyze the questions on the page.

1) What did you do over summer vacation?

Blinking, I realize that this is one of those "get-to-know each other" things that teachers normally do. Well, I guess it's not as bad as giving us actual classwork. Trying to not doze off, my hands move on their own and I write some BS answer underneath the question.

I slept a lot and played otome games.

When I look at what I wrote, my hands immediately take my pencil and cross out the word 'otome'. Whoops, my mind accidentally went to my precious romance games even though I'm in the world of one right now.

***

Some time passes by, and a slight yawn escapes my lips. Phew, finally filled every question in! Looking around, I can see that lots of kids are also done; and now are whispering to one another. Ooh, I wonder what Hari and Kace are doing? Glancing over at their desks, I notice that they're both still filling in their papers.

Weird? Normally, smart students finish fast at everything - but I guess I wouldn't really know since I'm not one.

When my eyes look up at the clock, I'm immediately filled with happiness. Yes! It's nearly lunchtime. I'm surprised time went by so fast, though? We've only had homeroom so far. But who cares, food time!

Ring Ring

As if right on time, I immediately stuff everything in my backpack and quickly zip it up.

"Have a good lunch, everyone." Mr. Capri briefly dismisses us before seemingly pulling up his own lunch box. Yum. How lucky, my parents don't make me lunches but instead force me to buy from the cafeteria. Their food is always..weird, but since this is a fancy school - maybe they have decent lunches!

As my feet pull me towards the class's door, I'm immediately stopped by Hari's shout.

"Y/n!" She shouts, appearing next to me like an otome game sprite sliding into the screen. "Shall we go have lunch?"

Er, what about this morning? Did she forget about what I said earlier, or is she just trying to pretend she forgot?

"Er, okay," I reply, and I immediately want to smack my forehead. I have a bad habit of not thinking about what people say, and automatically replying to them. The two of us walk outside the room, and I notice that my brain has no idea where the cafeteria could be. Maybe Hari knows? "Wait. .you know where we're going, right?" I ask as we squeeze through the crowd of students.

She looks at me before putting on a smile. "Yeah!"

Okay - that's good.

We quickly make our way down the stairs to get to the first floor. However, after some time - I start getting a bit suspicious. Er, wait - isn't this taking a bit too long to get to the lunchroom? After all, when observing my surroundings, it seems like Hari and I are the only students in the hallway right now.

I peek at the pink-haired girl next to me. She looks happy and confident as usual, and there's not an ounce of hesitance in her eyes. Um, maybe it's time to speak up again.

"Hari-" However, we abruptly come to a halt and when I try to continue my sentence, I'm met with her smiling face.

"Y/n?" She mutters.